Rotary Wing Society of India
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014)|
The Rotary Wing Society of India is a non-profit professional society that was founded on 18 June 1998 to aid the growth of the helicopter industry in India. RWSI has approximately 81 corporate members and 550 aviation professionals from the Indian civil and military aviation and has chapters in Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore, India.
Rotary Wing Society of India Complain to DCGA about assault on pilots
On 3 April 2014, a group of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) workers and supporters of Gopinath Munde allegedly assaulted Capt Utpal Banerjee former Indian Navy helicopter pilot, and Jugraj Pannum, the flight engineer, at a helipad in the District Police Lines in Beed, Maharashtra, following the pilot's refusal to fly Munde to a place not on the approved flight plan. The flight engineer was seriously injured and had to be hospitalized with a burst ear drum. The helicopter was owned by Raymond Aviation, of the Raymond group of companies. In the wake of the incident, the Rotary Wing Society of India (RWSI), an apex body for helicopter pilots, filed an official complaint against Gopinath Munde and his supporters with Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA). Air Vice Marshal (retd) K Sridharan president RWSI has written to the DGCA high lighting lax security at helipads, and other challenges faced by helicopter pilots and crew. He warned that "Before an incident like Beed happens again, we want the DGCA to take corrective steps”. Prabhat Kumar, DGCA, a UP cadre IAS officer of 1985 batch, who is responsible for flight safety, has maintained a studied silence on the incident, and on the complaints filed by the crew of helicopter, and president of the RWSI.
- Hosts periodic interactive sessions with its members to find solutions to common issues affecting the industry.
- Provides consultancy services (on a not for profit basis)to the Indian industry.
- Conducts seminars, training and conferences on subjects related to the helicopter industry.
- Yogesh Naik; Bipin Kumar Singh (Apr 7, 2014). "Munde’s supporters thrash pilot for refusing to fly without clearance". Mumbai Mirror (Mumbai). Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Gopinath Munde's supporters thrash pilot for refusing to defy rules". NDTV. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- PTI (Apr 6, 2014). "Gopinath Munde's supporters thrash helicopter pilot". Times of india. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- Gupta, Saurabh (April 7, 2014). "FIR against 11 supporters of Gopinath Munde for attacking helicopter pilot". NDTV. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- "Raymond Avaition". Raymond Ltd. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- Ganesh, N (12 April 2014). "BJP changes helicopter firm after Munde 'assault'". DailyMail. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- Singh, Bipin Kumar (Apr 10, 2014). "Pilots’ body writes to DGCA about lax security at helipads". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- Sinha, Saurabh (Jan 26, 2014). "DGCA finally gets a full-time head". Times of India. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
|This article about an organization in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|