From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up rotation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Rotation is a circular motion of a body about a center.
Rotation may also refer to:
Science, mathematics and computing
- Rotation (mathematics)
- Rotation around a fixed axis
- Curl (mathematics), a vector operator
- Improper rotation or rotoreflection, a rotation and reflection in one
- Differential rotation, objects rotating at different speeds
- Optical rotation, rotation acting on polarized light
- Rotational spectroscopy, a spectroscopy technique
- Internal rotation, a term in anatomy
- Earth's rotation
- Bitwise rotation, a mathematical operator on bit patterns
- Display rotation, of a computer monitor or display
- Tree rotation, a well-known method used in order to make a tree balanced.
- Rotation (music), the repeated airing of a limited playlist of songs on a radio station
- Rotation (album), an album by Cute Is What We Aim For
- "Rotate" (song), a song on the album Channel 10 by Capone-N-Noreaga
- "Rotation", a song on the 1979 album Rise by Herb Alpert
- "Rotation (LOTUS-2)", a song on the 2000 album Philosopher's Propeller by Susumu Hirasawa
- Crop rotation, a farming practice
- Job rotation, a business management technique
- Stock rotation, a retail practice
- Rotation (film), a 1949 East German film
- Rotation (pool), a type of pocket billiards game
- Rotation, in baseball pitching; see the glossary of baseball
- Rotation (medicine), medical student training
- Rotation (aviation), the act of lifting the nose off the runway during takeoff
- Robson Rotation, a method of having ballot papers in elections
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Rotation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.