|Produced||1994 - 2011|
|Variants||Alpi Syton AH 130
RotorWay A600 Talon
The RotorWay Exec is a family of American two-bladed, skid-equipped, two-seat kit helicopters, manufactured by RotorWay International of Chandler, Arizona and supplied in kit form for amateur-construction.
Design and development
The Exec 162F is the latest in the Exec series of helicopters manufactured by RotorWay International.
The RotorWay Scorpion design was updated with an aluminum tail and full fiberglass cockpit enclosure to become the Exec. The Exec 90 was developed in the early 1990s, it was, at the time, the only piston-powered helicopter to utilize an asymmetrical airfoil for improved autorotation characteristics and safety.
In 1994, a fuel injection system with electronic ignition, and FADEC was added to the Exec 90, producing the Exec 162F.
Unlike most U.S.-designed helicopters, the main rotor on the Exec 162F rotates clock-wise, as seen from above.
- Rotorway Windstar
- Four place development that was cancelled.
- RotorWay Exec 90
- Introduced in 1990, improvement of the original RotorWay Exec, Electronic ignition, eyebrow windows, elastomeric control head.
- RotorWay Exec 162F
- FADEC improved model.
- AvioTecnica ES-101 Raven
- In 1996 AvioTecnica of Italy marketed the Exec as the ES-101 Exec with a turbine engine instead of the piston engine. In 2004 it produced an improved variant it named the Aviotechnica ES-101 Raven powered by a modified Solar T-62-A turboshaft. Other improvements include carbon-fibre rotor blades, a two-piece windscreen and later models have a digital cockpit.
- Alpi Syton AH 130
- The Raven design was taken over by Alpi Aviation in late 2008 and the aircraft further developed into the Alpi Syton AH 130.
Data from Brassey's World Aircraft & Systems Directory 1999/2000 
- Crew: 2
- Length: 22 ft (6.71 m)
- Rotor diameter: 25 ft (7.62 m)
- Height: 8 ft (2.44 m)
- Disc area: 380 sq ft (35.4 m²)
- Empty weight: 975 lb (442 kg)
- Useful load: 525 lb (238 kg)
- Max. takeoff weight: 1,500 lb (680 kg)
- Powerplant: 1 × RotorWay RI 162F flat-four piston engine, 150 hp (112 kW)
- Maximum speed: 115 mph (100 knots, 185 km/h) at sea level
- Cruise speed: 95 mph (82 knots, 153 km/h)
- Range: 180 mi (156 nmi, 290 km)
- Endurance: 2 hr with maximum fuel
- Service ceiling: 5,000 ft (1,525 m) hover ceiling, out of ground effect
- Rate of climb: 1,000 ft/min (5.1 m/s)
- RotorWay Scorpion
- Alpi Syton AH 130
- Aerokopter AK1-3 Sanka
- Composite Helicopters International KC 518 Adventourer
- Perter Lert (August 1989). "Executive Privillege". Air Progress.
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 194. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- Country Music Television (September 2007). "Jeff Dunham and Walter in their helicopter". Retrieved 2010-01-24.
- "Exec 90 back on course". Flying Magazine. August 1991.
- Jackson 2008, p. 361
- Taylor 1999, pp. 365–366.
- Taylor, Michael J.H. (ed.). Brassey's World Aircraft & Systems Directory 1999/2000. London:Brassey's, 1999. ISBN 1-85753-245-7.
- Jackson, Paul (ed) Jane's All the World's Aircraft 2008-2009. Coulsdon, Surrey, England:Jane's Information Group, 2008. ISBN 978-0-7106-2837-4
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to RotorWay Exec.|