Rotraut Susanne Berner
She is well known for a series of popular children's book, called "Wimmel" books, which have attained a worldwide circulation of close to 500,000 copies in fifteen countries.
Working as a freelance illustrator, she has focused on books for children and young adults, illustrating more than 80 such books and designing over 800 book covers.
- "Rotraut Susanne Berner". Goethe-Institut. Goethe-Institut. Retrieved 7 September 2011.
- Gardner, Michael (8 November 1998). "It All Adds Up". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 3 September 2011.
- Giersberg, Dagmar. "Stories Without Words: Rotraut Susanne Berner’s Wimmel Books". Goethe Institut. Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- "2002". Hans Christian Andersen Awards. International Board on Books for Young People (IBBY). Press release with other contemporary material. Retrieved 2014-03-23.
- "2004". Hans Christian Andersen Awards. IBBY. Press release with other contemporary material. Retrieved 2014-03-23.
- "2014 Awards". Hans Christian Andersen Awards. IBBY. With contemporary material including the 17 March 2014 shortlist press release. Retrieved 2014-03-23.
- Official website
- Rotraut Susanne Berner at Library of Congress Authorities, with 17 catalog records
- Cornelia Rémi: Reading as Playing. The Cognitive Challenge of the Wimmelbook. In: Bettina Kümmerling-Meibauer (ed.): Emergent Literacy - Children’s Books from 0 to 3. Studies in Written Language and Literacy. Bd 13. John Benjamins, Amsterdam 2011, S. 115–139, ISBN 90-272-1808-0 (Pre-print, online).