Japan National Route 17
|Length:||350.3 km (217.7 mi)|
|National highways of Japan
Expressways of Japan
National Route 17 (国道17号 Kokudō 17-gō?) is a highway on the island of Honshu in Japan. It originates at Nihonbashi in Chūō, Tokyo, and terminates in the city of Niigata (the capital of Niigata Prefecture), where it meets Routes 7, 8, 49, 113 and 116).
- Length: 351.1 km (217.7 mi)
- Origin: Nihonbashi, Chūō, Tokyo (originates at junction with Routes 1, 4, 6, 14, 15 and 20)
- Terminus: Chuo-ku, Niigata (ends at Junction with Routes 7, 8, 49, 113 and 116)
- Major cities: Saitama, Kumagaya, Takasaki, Maebashi, Shibukawa, Numata, Minami-Uonuma, Nagaoka, Sanjo
- 4 December 1952: First Class National Highway 17 (Tokyo to Niigata)
- 1 April 1965: General National Highway 17 (Tokyo to Niigata)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Route 17 (Japan).|
- 一般国道１7号 (in Japanese). Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism. Kanto Regional Development Bureau. Retrieved 29 November 2010.