|Ingrid Roxana Baldetti Elías|
13th Vice President of Guatemala
January 14, 2012
|President||Otto Pérez Molina|
|Preceded by||Rafael Espada|
Deputy by National List of the Congress of Guatemala
January 14, 2008 – March 14, 2011
|2nd General Secretary of the Patriotic Party|
January 20, 2009
|Preceded by||Otto Pérez Molina|
May 13, 1962 |
|Political party||Patriotic Party|
|Children||Luis Pedro Paz Baldetti
Mario Paz Baldetti
|Alma mater||Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala|
Roxana Baldetti comes from a conservative, Catholic family. Her parents were Alejandro Baldetti and Gladys Elías de Baldetti. She attended primary school in the Mount Carmel School ("Colegio Monte Carmelo" in Spanish), graduating as a primary education teacher in The Sacred Heart School of Ladies, ("Colegio de Señoritas El Sagrado Corazón" in Spanish) at the Historic Center of Guatemala. She obtained a Bachelor of Journalism in the University of San Carlos of Guatemala.
She was an elementary school substitute teacher, she started with the journalism in the spanish news program Aquí el Mundo. She was co-founder of the spanish news program TV Noticias; She worked in Univisión, as a correspondent from Guatemala for the show Primer Impacto.
She worked in favor of woman for the United Nations at a national level, including conferences within the Republic in partnership with Kellog`s Central America. She was founder of a beauty products company, also she founded a spa and hair salon chain.
As a politician
In the 1990s, she was designated as the Subsecretary of Public Relations for the Presidency of the Republic. In 2001, she help found the Patriot Party alongside Otto Pérez Molina. She was elected to the Congress of Guatemala in 2004, she held the position of deputy by National List for the Congress of Guatemala, for the Patriot Party. However, she presented her resignation to the Congress president before August 15, 2011, as she was going to participate as the vice president candidate for the same party, along with Otto Pérez Molina. and she announced the elections day that she will retake her position as deputy. She has been the General Secretary of the Patriotic Party since 2009.
In 1987 she married Mariano Paz, and they have two children, Luis Pedro and Mario.
- La victoria es para Otto Pérez y Roxana Baldetti nuevas autoridades
- Últimas Noticias Tribunal Supremo Electoral, accessed 17 January 2012 (Spanish)
- Baldetti, First Woman to Be Vice President in Guatemala Prensa Latina News Agency, 13 January 2012
- Roxana Baldetti renuncia a su curul para participar en elecciones
- The Road to Victory for Otto Pérez Molina, Guatemala's President-Elect Americas Quarterly, 9 November 2011
- Biografía de Roxana Baldetti
- Official website in Spanish.
- Roxana Baldetti at the Patriotic Party website in Spanish.
- Roxana Baldetti on Facebook
- Roxana Baldetti on Twitter
|Vice President of Guatemala