Roxton Falls, Quebec
Location within Acton RCM
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Constituted||January 1, 1863|
|• Mayor||Jean-Marie Laplante|
|• Federal riding||Saint-Hyacinthe—Bagot|
|• Prov. riding||Johnson|
|• Total||5.10 km2 (1.97 sq mi)|
|• Land||4.88 km2 (1.88 sq mi)|
|• Density||259.1/km2 (671/sq mi)|
|• Pop 2006-2011||3.1%|
|Time zone||EST (UTC−5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC−4)|
|Postal code(s)||J0H 1E0|
|Area code(s)||450 and 579|
|Highways|| Route 139
It is surrounded entirely by the township municipality of Roxton. Roxton Falls and Roxton are legally distinct municipalities (with separate elected officials), but the administration of both is physically located in the village of Roxton Falls.
Roxton Falls has only a few hundred more people than Roxton, but is concentrated in a much smaller geographic area.
The first mayor of Roxton Falls, from 1863 was John Wood, a leather tanner who had moved to that area in 1851. He was mayor until 1880, followed by Joseph Lafontaine.
Mother tongue language (2006)
|Both English and French||0||0.00%|
- Reference number 142077 of the Commission de toponymie du Québec (French)
- Ministère des Affaires municipales, des Régions et de l'Occupation du territoire: Roxton Falls
- Parliament of Canada Federal Riding History: SAINT-HYACINTHE--BAGOT (Quebec)
- 2011 Statistics Canada Census Profile: Roxton Falls, Quebec
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011 census
- 2006 Statistics Canada Community Profile: Roxton Falls, Quebec
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Roxton Falls.|
- Regional County Municipality of Acton
- Roxton Falls - Site is shared by Roxton Falls and Roxton Canton.