Magma Design Automation
|Type||Public NASDAQ: LAVA|
|Industry||Software & Programming|
|Headquarters||San Jose, California|
Rajeev Madhavan, CEO
|Revenue||$139.3 million USD (FY 2011)|
Magma Design Automation was a software company in the electronic design automation (EDA) industry. The company was founded in 1997 and maintained headquarters in San Jose, California, with facilities throughout North America, Europe, Japan, Asia and India.
Magma software products were used in major elements of chip development, including: synthesis, placement, routing, power management, circuit simulation, verification and analog/mixed-signal design.
On November 30, 2011, Magma and Synopsys announced they had entered into a definitive agreement by which Synopsys would buy Magma for $507 million US$. The merger was finalized on February 22, 2012 with the cash value of transaction of about $523 million, or $7.35 per Magma share.
- Talus: Digital chip implementation.
- Tekton: Static Timing Analysis.
- Titan: Analog/mixed-signal design.
- FineSim SPICE: Circuit simulation.
- SiliconSmart: Library Characterization.
- Quartz DRC and Quartz LVS: Physical verification.
Magma software is used to design chips for:
- Cell phones
- Automotive products
- Electronic games
- Portable music players
- Digital media
- Sabio Labs, February 2008: Analog IP process migration.
- Knights Technology, November 2006: Fab analysis technology.
- ACAD, November 2005: Circuit simulation.
- Mojave, April 2004: Physical verification technology.
- Random Logic, October 2003: Industry-standard 3D field solver.
- Silicon Metrics, October 2003: Library/IP characterization.
- Moscape, June 2000: Assertion-based electrical integrity solutions.
- Rajeev Madhavan, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer
- Roy E. Jewell, President and Chief Operating Officer
- Peter S. Teshima, Corporate Vice President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer
- Carl Burrow, Corporate Vice President, Field Operations
- Premal Buch, General Manager and Corporate Vice President, Design Implementation Business Unit
- Anirudh Devgan, General Manager and Corporate Vice President, Custom Design Business Unit
- Jacob Avidan, General Manager and Corporate Vice President, Digital Sign-off Business Unit
- Ankush Oberai, General Manager and Vice President, Fab Analysis Business Unit
- Phil Bishop, Vice President, Worldwide Marketing
- Clayton Parker, Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
- [Based on most recent Annual Reports on Form 10-K filed with U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission]
- Dylan McGrath (30 Nov 2011). "Synopsys to buy Magma for $507 million". EETimes.