2 September 1949 |
|Position||Wing, Loose forward/Lock|
|Source: rugbyleagueproject.org englandrl.co.uk|
Roy Mathias (born Llanelli) is a Welsh dual-code international rugby union and professional rugby league and footballer of the 1960s, '70s and '80s, playing representative level rugby union (RU) for Wales, and at club level for Felinfoel RFC, and Llanelli RFC, as a Wing, i.e. number 11 or 14, and playing representative level rugby league (RL) for Great Britain, and Wales, and at club level for St. Helens, and Cardiff City (Bridgend) Blue Dragons, as a Wing, or Loose forward/Lock, i.e. number 2 or 5, or 13.2 September 1949 in
Rugby union career
Rugby league career
Mathias won caps for Wales (RL) while at St. Helens in the 1975 Rugby League World Cup against France, England, Australia, New Zealand, Australia, New Zealand, and France,and won a cap for Great Britain (RL) while at St. Helens in 1979 against Australia.
World Club Challenge final appearances
Roy Mathias played Left-Wing, i.e. number 5 in St. Helens' 2-25 defeat to the 1975 NSWRFL season premiers, Eastern Suburbs Roosters in the unofficial 1976 World Club Challenge at Sydney Cricket Ground on Tuesday 29 June 1976.
Challenge Cup final appearances
Honoured at St. Helens RLFC
- Williams, Graham; Lush, Peter; Farrar, David (2009). The British Rugby League Records Book. London League. pp. 108–114. ISBN 978-1-903659-49-6.
- "Statistics at espnscrum.com". espnscrum.com. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject.org. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "World Club Challenge 1976 at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject.org. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "St Helens Hall of Fame". saints.org.uk. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org
- Profile at saints.org.uk
- Statistics at wru.co.uk
- Statistics at scrum.com