Roy Speckhardt, 2012
January 24, 1973 |
Carmel, New York
|Occupation||Executive director of the American Humanist Association|
Speckhardt earned a Bachelor of Arts in sociology from Mary Washington College and a Master of Business Administration, with a concentration in information systems management, from George Mason University. In addition to his college education, he received specialized training in nonprofit tax law, financial management, grassroots organizing, fundraising, and dispute resolution.
Early in his career, Speckhardt was a fundraiser for various causes, including AIDS research and wildlife conservation, and worked on the "World Difference Campaign" of the Anti-Defamation League. He worked for The Interfaith Alliance from 1995 to 2001 as deputy director in charge of staff. Speckhardt worked as the director of membership and programs of the American Humanist Association for four years, is executive director. The American Humanist Association is the oldest and one of the largest groups of humanists and atheists in the United States.
- Speckhardt's column on The Huffington Post.
- Speckhardt's column on Patheos.
- December 28, 2012 America mirrors global godless trend, a Guest Voices blog on the Washington Post.
- Finding Faith in Humankind article in March/April 2010 issue of the Futurist.
- June 28, 2007 MP3 of Interview of Speckhardt on the syndicated Lizz Brown Show.