Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II
|Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II|
|The badge of the second class of the Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II|
|Awarded by Queen Elizabeth II (Personally and Privately)|
|Type||Royal Family Order|
|Eligibility||Female members of the Royal Family and others|
|Awarded for||At the monarch's pleasure|
|Sovereign||Queen Elizabeth II|
|Ribbon of the Order|
The Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II is an honour bestowed as a mark of personal esteem on female members of the British Royal Family for personal service to Queen Elizabeth II. The Order is awarded in two version  (or classes), one version is bigger than the other one. The Order should not to be confused with the Mistress of the Robes badge of office worn by the Dowager Duchess of Grafton and previously by her predecessor as Mistress of the Robes the Dowager Duchess of Devonshire. It is not automatically awarded and there is no public announcement of the honour. Usually the only way it can be known if it has been awarded is by viewing photos or film from State Visit banquets or other formal similar evening occasions requiring the wearing of honours and awards.
The Royal Family Order depicts a young Queen Elizabeth II in evening dress wearing the ribbon and star of the Order of the Garter. The miniature, painted on ivory, is bordered by diamonds and surmounted by a Tudor Crown in diamonds and red enamel. The reverse, in silver-gilt, is patterned with rays and depicts the royal cypher and St. Edward's Crown in gold and enamel. The watered silk ribbon is chartreuse yellow and formed into a bow. It is worn pinned to the dress of the recipient on the left shoulder.
List of known members
- HM Queen Mary, Queen consort of George V and grandmother of Queen Elizabeth II
- HM Queen Elizabeth, Queen consort of George VI and mother of Queen Elizabeth II
- HRH The Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon, sister of Queen Elizabeth II
- HRH The Princess of Wales, later Diana, Princess of Wales (née Diana Frances Spencer; Prince Charles' first wife and daughter-in-law of Queen Elizabeth II) 
- HRH The Princess Mary, Princess Royal and Countess of Harewood, aunt of Queen Elizabeth II
- HRH Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone, first cousin twice removed of Queen Elizabeth II (Princess Alice was a granddaughter of Queen Victoria and first cousin to George V, Elizabeth II's grandfather. Princess Alice was also a great grand aunt of Queen Elizabeth II through her marriage to Queen Mary's younger brother)
- HRH Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester, aunt of Queen Elizabeth II
- HRH Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent, aunt of Queen Elizabeth II
- HRH The Princess Royal (The Princess Anne, daughter of Queen Elizabeth II)
- HRH The Duchess of Cornwall (née Camilla Rosemary Shand, Prince Charles' second wife and daughter-in-law of Queen Elizabeth II)
- HRH The Countess of Wessex (née Sophie Helen Rhys-Jones, wife of Prince Edward and daughter-in-law of Queen Elizabeth II)
- HRH The Duchess of Gloucester (née Birgitte Eva van Deurs, wife of Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester, cousin of Queen Elizabeth II)
- HRH The Duchess of Kent (née Katharine Lucy Mary Worsley, wife of Prince Edward, Duke of Kent, cousin of Queen Elizabeth II)
- HRH Princess Alexandra, The Hon. Lady Ogilvy (youngest granddaughter of King George V and Queen Mary, cousin of Queen Elizabeth II)
- http://members2.boardhost.com/royal-jewels/msg/1374620793.html. Missing or empty
- "Duchess Of Grafton Arriving At Claridges Circa… Fotografie di cronaca | Getty Images Italia | 52114296". Gettyimages.it. Retrieved 2011-11-27.
- "The Queen At The House Of Lords For The State… Fotografie di cronaca | Getty Images Italia | 52116184". Gettyimages.it. Retrieved 2011-11-27.
- "The Queens Staff Left To Right Lt Col Sir… Fotografie di cronaca | Getty Images Italia | 52112924". Gettyimages.it. Retrieved 2011-11-27.
- Assorted photos
- "Royal Family Orders". www.royal.gov.uk. The Royal Household. Retrieved 15 October 2011.
- Royal Insight[dead link]
- Regiments.org[dead link]
- UK Daily Mail
- Queen Elizabeth II honors Duchess of Cornwall Camilla the Royal Victorian Order
- "Mad Hattery! » Blog Archive » Albert and Charlene's Reception: HRH The Countess of Wessex". Madhattery.royalroundup.com. 2011-07-02. Retrieved 2012-05-21.
- Duchess Brigitte of Gloucester (*1946)