|Directed by||Babar Ahmed|
|Written by||Babar Ahmed|
|Edited by||J. D. Beales|
|April 10, 2009|
|Box office||$50,090 |
Royal Kill is a 2009 psychological thriller starring Academy Award nominees Eric Roberts and Pat Morita, along with Lalaine, Alexander Wraith and professional wrestler Gail Kim. The movie is directed by Babar Ahmed. The movie was released April 10, 2009 in theaters. The DVD's release went by the name Ninja's Creed and went on sale July 20, 2010.
A fearsome warrior from the Kingdom of Samarza arrives in America to assassinate a high school girl. The girl does not know it, but she is the last living heir to the Kingdom. A noble guard arrives in America to protect the young princess.
- Eric Roberts as Dad
- Gail Kim as Nadia
- Lalaine as Jan
- Alexander Wraith as Adam Arthavan
- Jeannie Crist as Royal Maid
- Nicole Brown as Andrea
- Darren Kendrick as Neighbor
- James Yun as Cop #2
- Darren Paul Kendrick as Chess Buddy
- Bobby Routh
- Pat Morita as Exhibition Manager
- This is the final film by Pat Morita, who died in 2005 shortly after completion of the film.
- Professional wrestlers Gail Kim & James Yun, who both wrestle for World Wrestling Entertainment make their movie debut with this film.
On April 7, 2009, the producers of Royal Kill held an informal press conference with the film's director, lead actress, and composer. In addition, two supposed "experts" were present to discuss the Nepalese royal massacre as the basis for the story. When the topic was brought up, a woman in the audience started to berate one of the experts before approaching her and slamming her head into a table. A brief fight ensued before the attacker was pulled away. She then hopped into a waiting car.
In fact, both women involved were professional wrestlers hired to do a stunt in hopes of attracting attention to the low-budget film. The attacker was noted wrestler Shelly Martinez. A video later appeared showing the participants rehearsing and discussing the incident.
Royal Kill had a limited release in some AMC Theatres in the United States. It was one of the lowest-budgeted movies ever to play at AMC. After a successful first week in theaters, Royal Kill's theatrical run was extended to a second and then a third week.
The film opened to extremely poor reviews. Dan Zak of the Washington Post called it "deliriously bad filmmaking" and an "utter failure", writing, "Royal Kill needs to be seen to be believed, but don't see it, under any circumstances".
- "Royal Kill (2009)". Box Office Mojo. 2009-04-30. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- "Ninja's Creed: Alexander Wraith, Gail Kim, Lalaine, Pat Morita, Eric Roberts, Jeannie Crist, Nicole Brown, Darren Kendrick, Jimmy Yang, Bobby Routh, Nafees Ahmed, J. Douglas, Jonathan Belinski, Babar Ahmed, J.D. Beales: Movies & TV". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-08-16.
- WWE Wrestlemania-like move at "Royal Kill" press conference. 8 April 2009. Retrieved 12 May 2011.
- Cute Actress Gets Head Slammed. Break.com. April 2009.
- Olszewski, Tricia (8 April 2009). ""Violent Incident" at Royal Kill Press Conference Smacks of Bullshit". Washington City Paper.
- Girl Fight At "Royal Kill" Press Conference. 14 August 2009. Retrieved 12 May 2011.[dead link]
- Girl Fight At "Royal Kill" Press Conference. 16 August 2009. Retrieved 6 November 2011.
- Zak, Dan (10 April 2009). "'Royal Kill'? Nah, It's More Like a Royal Pain". The Washington Post.