Royal Oak, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Joe Magliocca|
|• Total||5.7 km2 (2.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,260 m (4,130 ft)|
|• Average Income||$100,273|
|Website||Royal Oak Community Association|
Royal Oak is a residential neighbourhood in the north-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is located close to the north-western edge of the city and is bounded to the north by Country Hills Boulevard, to the east by Stoney Trail, to the south by Crowchild Trail and to the west by Rocky Ridge Road. Royal Oak is located near Rocky Ridge, Calgary
The land was annexed to the City of Calgary in 1989 (from the Municipal District of Rocky View), and Royal Oak was established in 1998. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 2 councillor.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $100,273 in 2000, and there were no low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 17.2% of the residents were immigrants. All buildings were single-family detached homes, and 4.1% of the housing was used for renting. Since then, several townhouse and apartment complexes have been established.
The Calgary Board of Education recently opened the Royal Oak Elementary School in September 2010. The school accommodates Kindergarten to Grade 4 students residing in Royal Oak and Rocky Ridge.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Royal Oak Community Statistics". Retrieved 2007-05-17.
- "2012 Civic Census Results". City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 1 Profile". Retrieved 2007-05-17.
||Rocky View County||Citadel|
|Rocky Ridge||Arbour Lake|
|Tuscany||Scenic Acres||Arbour Lake|