Royalton Township, Fulton County, Ohio
|Royalton Township, Fulton County, Ohio|
|• Total||24.7 sq mi (63.9 km2)|
|• Land||24.7 sq mi (63.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||758 ft (231 m)|
|• Density||60.9/sq mi (23.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086129|
Royalton Township is one of the twelve townships of Fulton County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,502 people in the township, 943 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northern part of the county along the Michigan line, it borders the following townships:
- Fairfield Township, Lenawee County, Michigan - north
- Ogden Township, Lenawee County, Michigan - northeast corner
- Amboy Township - east
- Fulton Township - southeast corner
- Pike Township - south
- Chesterfield Township - west
- Seneca Township, Lenawee County, Michigan - northwest corner
The village of Lyons is located in northern Royalton Township.
Name and history
It is the only Royalton Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Fulton County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.