Tonelero is the name of a street located in the neighborhood of Copacabana in the city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, where an assassination attempt took place against Carlos Lacerda, the main adversary of President Getúlio Vargas. The crime occurred at 12:30 AM on August 5, 1954, near the building at 180 Rua Tonelero.
The name of the street is often misspelled as Rua Toneleiro.
- Rua Tonelero, 50 years later (Portuguese)
- Rua Tonelero on mapcity.com (Spanish)[dead link]
- O atentado da Rua Tonelero (Portuguese)
- "Crime da rua Tonelero" ainda gera dúvida (Portuguese)
- História mal contada (Portuguese)
|This article about the roads and road transport of Brazil is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|