February 15, 1978 |
Ruairí Robinson is an Irish film director and writer.
He is known mainly for his science-fiction short films and animations, one of which was nominated for an Academy Award. Fifty Percent Grey was also included in the Animation Show of Shows. The Silent City concerns a group of soldiers wandering through a perilous post-apocalyptic wasteland; the cast includes actor Cillian Murphy. BlinkyTM, his most recent short film, is a horror story about a robot family helper that goes wrong. BlinkyTM was released on March 20, 2011, and will possibly spawn a sequel entitled BlinkyTM: Part II.
He signed on to direct a live action adaptation of Akira, but the project was cancelled after Robinson departed. In 2013, Robinson directed The Last Days on Mars, the adaptation of the science-fiction short story '"The Animators" by Sydney J. Bounds.
- BlinkyTM as Blinky (voice) (2011, short)
- The House on Dame Street (1999, short, also producer and writer)
- Fifty Percent Grey (2001, short, also writer)
- The Silent City (2006, short, also producer and writer)
- BlinkyTM (2011, short, also writer)
- The Last Days on Mars (2013)
- Imaginary Forces (2014, short, also writer, post-production)
- Uncle Bill's Barrel (2008, short, executive producer)
- The German (2008, short also executive producer)
- "Two Oscar nods for Irish animators". RTÉ. 12 February 2002. Retrieved 13 February 2010.
- "The Silent City by Ruairi Robinson". BBC Film Network. Retrieved 13 February 2010.
- "BlinkyTM (2011)". Internet Movie Database.
- "No live-action Akira from DiCaprio?". The Star Online. 16 June 2009. Retrieved 13 February 2010.
- "The Animators to be directed by Ruairi Robinson". Screen Daily. 22 November 2010. Retrieved 22 November 2010.
|This article about an Irish film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|