|Full name||Rubén Rayos Serna|
|Date of birth||21 June 1986|
|Place of birth||Elche, Spain|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|2006–2008||→ Villajoyosa (loan)||62||(10)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 November 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Rayo was born in Elche. He finished his formation with local Valencian Community club Elche CF and played only Segunda División B football until the age of 25, representing Villajoyosa CF, FC Barcelona B, Orihuela CF and UE Lleida.
In the 2011 summer Rayo moved straight into the Superleague Greece, joining a host of compatriots at Asteras Tripoli FC. He scored five league goals in his first season, adding three in the campaign's domestic cup.
In 2012–13, Rayos improved his overall totals to nine goals and 12 assists. In the final of the Greek Cup, against Olympiacos FC, he put his team ahead 1–0, but in an eventual 1–3 extra time loss; he was eventually chosen Best Foreign Player for his exploits and, during most of his spell in Greece, was also club captain.
On 6 June 2013 Rayos signed a three-year contract with Maccabi Haifa FC, netting 11 goals in 27 appearances in his first year to help his new club to the fourth position in the regular season of the Israeli Premier League. However, in March 2014, he was involved in an incident with Bnei Yehuda Tel Aviv F.C.'s Rafi Dahan, his harsh tackle producing an anterior cruciate ligament injury to his opponent which sidelined him for almost one year – he received a straight red card for his action.
- "Rubén Rayos, primer fichaje del Barcelona Atletic" [Rubén Rayos, first Barcelona Atletic signing] (in Spanish). Mundo Blaugrana. 11 July 2008. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "El Orihuela refuerza la plantilla con jugadores de las canteras del Barcelona, Español y Hércules" [Orihuela strengthens squad with players from Barcelona, Español and Hércules youth systems] (in Spanish). La Verdad. 26 August 2009. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "Máyor avala al goleador Rayos" [Máyor gives thumbs up to scorer Rayos] (in Spanish). La Crónica de León. 20 May 2011. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "El Olympiacos de Míchel logra el doblete tras ganar la Copa" [Míchel's Olympiacos gets double after Cup win] (in Spanish). Diario AS. 12 May 2013. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "Rubén Rayos, mejor extranjero de la pasada liga griega" [Rubén Rayos, best foreign in last Greek league] (in Spanish). Marca. 5 February 2014. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "Leading goalscorer". The Israel Football Association. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "La brutal entrada de Rubén Rayos" [Rubén Rayos' brutal tackle] (in Spanish). Marca. 11 March 2014. Retrieved 1 October 2014.
- "Piden sanción ejemplar para la brutal entrada de Rayos" [Exemplary sanction wanted for Rayos' brutal tackle] (in Spanish). El Mundo. 11 March 2014. Retrieved 1 October 2014.