Rubber Chemistry and Technology
|Rubber Chemistry and Technology|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Rubber Chem. Technol.|
|Edited by||William V. Mars|
ACS Rubber Division (USA)
Rubber Chemistry and Technology is a peer-reviewed scientific journal covering fundamental research, technical developments, and chemical engineering relating to rubber and its allied substances. It was established in 1928, with Carroll C. Davis as its first editor. It is published quarterly by the ACS Rubber Division. It is the oldest scientific journal dedicated to the subject of rubber science and technology.
The journal currently publishes four issues per year. One issue is dedicated to authoritative reviews of important topics in rubber science, including a review by the most recent Goodyear medalist. The remaining issues are dedicated to original research contributions.
RC&T is read by scientists, researchers and engineers concerned with the understanding, development, or application of elastomeric materials. RC&T readership is global and spans a broad cross-section of academia, industry, and government.
RC&T is indexed by the following services: CAS: Chemical Abstracts Service (ACS); CCR Database (Thomson Reuters), Chemical Abstracts Service/SciFinder (ACS); Chemistry Server Reaction Center (Thomson Reuters), COMPENDEX (Elsevier); Current Contents: Engineering, Computing & Technology (Thomson Reuters); Current Contents: Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences (Thomson Reuters); INSPEC (IET); Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Thomson Reuters); Polymer Library (iSmithers RAPRA); Reaction Citation Index (Thomson Reuters); Science Citation Index (Thomson Reuters); Science Citation Index Expanded (Thomson Reuters); SCOPUS (Elsevier); Web of Science (Thomson Reuters)
- Carroll C. Davis, Boston Woven Hose Co. - 1928-1956 
- David Craig, B. F. Goodrich - 1957-1964 
- Edward Bevilacqua, U. S. Rubber, Wayne Research Center - 1965-1968 
- Earl C. Gregg, B. F. Goodrich - 1969-1974 
- Karl Frensdorff, E. I. du Pont de Nemours - 1975-1977 
- Aubert Y. Coran, Monsanto Co. - 1978-1983 
- Gary Hamed, University of Akron - 1984-1990 
- C. Michael Roland, Navy Research Lab - 1991-1999 
- Fred Ignatz-Hoover, Monsanto Co. - 2000-2001
- Krishna Baranwal, Akron Rubber Development Lab - 2002-2009 
- William V. Mars, Endurica LLC - 2010 - present
- "100th Anniversary of ACS Rubber Division".
- Kastein, Benjamin (1990). "People Make the Difference". Rubber Chemistry and Technology 63 (5): 81–95. doi:10.5254/1.3538291.
- "Dr. C. Michael Roland Receives the 2012 Charles Goodyear Medal - See more at: http://www.nrl.navy.mil/media/news-releases/2012/dr-c-michael-roland-receives-the-2012-charles-goodyear-medal#sthash.jVNFcdqd.dpuf". Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- "Krishna C. Baranwal Editor, Rubber Chemistry & Technology, 2002–2009". Rubber Chemistry and Technology 83 (1): G3. 2010. doi:10.5254/1.3464752.