From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|(what is this?)|
Rubella vaccine is included in combination vaccines such as:
- MMR vaccine, containing vaccine for rubella as well as measles vaccine and mumps vaccine
- MMRV vaccine, containing vaccine for rubella as well as measles, mumps and varicella vaccine
It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines, a list of the most important medication needed in a basic health system.
- Josefson D (March 2001). "Rubella vaccine may be safe in early pregnancy". BMJ 322 (7288): 695. PMC 1119900. PMID 11264203.
- Weibel RE, Caserta V, Benor DE, Evans G (March 1998). "Acute encephalopathy followed by permanent brain injury or death associated with further attenuated measles vaccines: a review of claims submitted to the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program". Pediatrics 101 (3 Pt 1): 383–7. doi:10.1542/peds.101.3.383. PMID 9481001.
- "WHO Model List of EssentialMedicines". World Health Organization. October 2013. Retrieved 22 April 2014.