In 1997, Toledo authored Style Dictionary a collection of drawings and watercolors. Ruben Toledo completed his first film, Fashionation, an animated history of French fashion, based on a book of the same name. Toledo illustrated special edition book jackets for Penguin Classics Deluxe Editions of Jane Eyre, Dracula, The Scarlet Letter, Wuthering Heights, The Picture of Dorian Gray and Pride and Prejudice.
List of titles:
- Style Dictionary. Abbeville Press. 1997. ISBN 0789203480.
- Fashionation. Edition 7L. 2009. ISBN 3865213014.
Ruben Toledo's collaboration with his fashion designer wife, Isabel Toledo, was the subject of both a book and a museum exhibition titled Toledo/Toledo: A Marriage of Art and Fashion at The Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology.
- "Isabel & Ruben Toledo: A Studio Visit". Studio 360. Retrieved 2012-10-20.
- "Isabel & Ruben Toledo Interview". The Artist Toolbox.
- "Steidl: Ruben Toledo". Retrieved 2012-10-18.
- Grinberg, Emanuella; Weinberger, Hannah (July 6, 2012). "Partners by design: Isabel and Ruben Toledo". Retrieved 2012-10-19.
- "Exhibition: Toledo/Toledo: A marriage of Art and Fashion". Contemporary Fashion Archive. Retrieved 2012-10-18.
- "Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum Announces Winners of the Sixth Annual National Design Awards". Retrieved 2012-10-20.