Rubies of Eventide
|This article may contain material discouraged by the guidelines for video game subjects. (December 2008)|
|Rubies of Eventide|
|Developer(s)||Mnemosyne, LLC (a.k.a. Cyber Warrior, Inc.)|
|Publisher(s)||Mnemosyne, LLC (a.k.a. Cyber Warrior, Inc.)|
|Release date(s)||June 2003|
Rubies of Eventide was a "free" to play (donation-funded) massively multiplayer online role-playing game previously published by Mnemosyne, LLC. Powered by the Lithtech Jupiter engine, Rubies of Eventide is set in the medieval fantasy world of Vormis represented by a 3D world. The game launched in June 2003, shut down and restarted and after 6 years, ceased operation in August 2009.
CyberWarrior, Inc. launched Rubies of Eventide on 2 June 2003 as a paid service. Citing low subscription rates, CyberWarrior announced that the game would cease operations in December, 2003 but later managed to secure additional funding for some months. Later, two former CyberWarrior developers, together with the founder of the game, set up a private server to play the game with close friends and relatives, but found that some hardcore fans managed to hook themselves to their connection. After leasing the game to Mnemosyne, LLC. in 2004, the mmorpg continued to operate today on a donation-based model. Players were able to start and play accounts for free (with limited server space), while patrons gain priority in game access during peak usage, and certain in-game benefits.
- "Thank you for visiting Mnemosyne, but we are now closed.". Mnemosyne, LLC. Retrieved 2009-08-17.[dead link]
- Calvert, Justin (2003-06-02). "RUBIES OF EVENTIDE GOES LIVE!". Gamespot. Retrieved 2007-05-21.[dead link]
- "Rubies of Eventide goes live". Blue's News. 2003-06-01. Retrieved 2007-05-21.
- "Rubies of Eventide to Close". RPG Vault. 2003-11-25. Retrieved 2007-05-21.
- "Rubies of Eventide Woes". About.com. 2003-11-25. Retrieved 2007-06-04.
- "Rubies of Eventide Lives On". RPG Vault. 2003-12-05. Retrieved 2007-05-21.
- "Mnemosyne, LLC. Opens for Business and Revives RoE". Rubies of Eventide Knowledge Database. 2004-08-05. Retrieved 2007-05-23.
- "Rubies not Ruined". MM Hell. 2004-08-26. Retrieved 2007-05-21.