- This article is about the Venezuelan actress Ruddy Rodríguez. Do not confuse her with male Texan Jazz Sax Artist Rudy Rodríguez.
|Born||Ruddy Rosario Rodríguez de Lucía
March 20, 1967
|Ethnicity||White Latin American|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||58 kg (128 lb)|
Ruddy Rosario Rodríguez de Lucía (born March 20, 1967), a former Miss Venezuela World, is an actress, model and businesswoman. Born in Anaco, Anzoátegui, daughter of Venezuelan Pedro José Rodríguez and Italian Rita de Lucía. She has a brother Romano and a sister Rina. She represented Venezuela in the 1985 Miss World pageant in England where she placed in the top 7.
She once promoted a line of swim suits. Rodríguez is now promoting her own line of cosmetics. She has opened five stores: two in Caracas, one in Valencia, one in Ciudad Guayana and one in Bogotá  known as "Ruddy Rodríguez Cosmetics". More stores are planned for Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador and Miami.
Telenovelas and TV series
- "Enamorada" (In love) 1986 Venezuela. Soap Opera.
- "Inmensamente tuya" (Immensely Yours) 1986 Venezuela. Soap Opera.
- "La Luna Tambien" (The Moon Too) 1987 Venezuela. Soap Opera.
- "Niña Bonita (telenovela)" (Pretty Girl) 1988 Venezuela. Soap Opera.
- "Las Ibañez" 1989 Colombia. 13 episode miniseries.
- "En Aquella Playa" 1989 Puerto Rico. TV Movie.
- "Fabiola" 1989. Venezuela. Soap Opera. Special guest for 10 episodes.
- "El Magnate" (The Magnate) 1989–1990 Crucilla, USA. Soap Opera.
- "Brigada Central" (Central Brigade); 1990-1991 España,Italia,Francia. 10 episode Miniseries.
- "Mala Mujer" (Bad Woman) 1991 Peru. Soap Opera.
- "Volver a Ti" (Back to you) 1991 Venezuela. TV Movie.
- "La Mujer Doble" (The Double Woman) 1992 Colombia. Soap Opera.
- "Pasiones Secretas" (Secret Passions) Caracol 1992-1993 Colombia. Soap Opera. This was the first Colombian Telenovela broadcast in the USA. During the filming of this telenovela, actress Ruddy Rodríguez and actor Danilo Santos had a romance in real life, their passion was translated into the screen.
- "Amores de Fin de Siglo" (Loves of End of Century) Coral Pictures De RCTV 1994-1995 Venezuela. Soap Opera. She performed the character of Lejana San Miguel.
- "Flor de Oro" (Golden Flower) Coral Pictures De RCN 1995-1996 Colombia. Series.
- "Aguamarina" (Aquamarine) 1997 Fonovideo production Miami, USA. Soap Opera.
- "Amantes de Luna Llena" (Full Moon Lovers) Venevision 2000 Venezuela. Soap Opera.
- "El Inútil" (The Good-For-Nothing) RCN 2001 Colombia. She performed the character of Rubiela Salcedo. Soap Opera.
- "Guayoyo Express" Venezuela. Special Appareance
- "Maria Lionza" 2006 Venezuela. TV Movie.
- "Natalia de 8 a 9" (Natalie from 8 to 9) 2004 Venezuela. TV Movie.
- "Ser bonita no basta" (Being Pretty is not Enough) 2005 Venezuela. She portrayed herself as a cosmetic businesswoman.
- "La ex" (The Ex, or,The Former Wife) 2006–2007 Colombia. She performed a double character: Amanda Otero and Miranda. Soap Opera.
- "Amas de casas desesperadas". She performed the character of Eugenia (Bree).
- "Mujeres Asesinas" (Killer Women) 2007 Colombia.
- "Tiempo Final" (Final Time) 2007 Colombia.
- "La novela del Cholito" 2007 Ecuador. Special guest
- "Cómplices" 2008 Bogota. Soap Opera.
- "Salvador de Mujeres" 2009-2010 Bogota. Soap Opera.
- "Amor de Carnaval" 2012-2013 Barranquilla.
She also appeared in the movies:
- "Bésame Mucho" (Kiss me Forever) 1994. Directed by Phillip Toledano. It was a Mexico-Venezuela-Colombia production.
- "Contacto en Caracas" (Contact in Caracas) 1988. Directed by Phillip Toledano. It was French Production.
- "La Guerra Blanche" (Blanche War) 1991. It was a France-Spain production.
- "Amaneció de Golpe" (Coup at daybreak) 1998 directed by Carlos Azpúrua. It was a Spain-Venezuela production.
- "Sin Amparo" (Without Amparo)  2004 directed by Jaime Osorio. It was a Venezuela-Colombia-Spain production.
- "Francisco de Miranda"  2005 directed by Diego Rísquez.
- "La Ministra Inmoral" (The Immoral Minister) 2007 - Colombia.
- "Venezzia" 2009 directed by Haik Gazarian - Venezuela.
- "La Casa del Fin de los Tiempos" 2013 Directed by Alejandro Hidalgo - Venezuela.
There were many critics about the Venezuelan movie: Francisco de Miranda.
Since 1999 she has performing a monologue: "Una mujer con suerte" (A Lucky Woman), written by her brother Romano. This monologue has been presented in Venezuela, Colombia, Panama, Miami , Argentina, Ecuador. She hopes to translate this monologue into English in the future.
Twenty years of artistic career
Because of Ruddy Rodríguez's 20 years of artistic career, a party in her honor was organized at the Gavanna Night Club in Bogotá, Colombia on July 12, 2006. There were about 200 invitees from Colombia, Venezuela and Miami; at this party, she stated that her career as a telenovela actress was coming to an end on September 2006 after the taping of the last episode of the Colombian telenovela "La Ex" ( "The Ex," or, "The Former Wife") was filmed. But after that date, she has since filmed several more telenovelas.
She is an active member of the Fundación "El camino a la felicidad" (The Way to Happiness Foundation International), which promotes the booklet "The way (road) to happiness", written by the founder of the Church of Scientology: L. Ronald Hubbard.
Although Rodriguez was born in Anaco, she grew up in Caracas where at the age of 15 she had her first boyfriend, her first kiss.
In 1985 after the Miss World Beauty Contest, she insisted on traveling to Italy in order to know her grandfather. She traveled with her brother Romano to Savinno, Naples in Italy and met their grandfather. Before their return, her grandfather said to her: porta a mia mamma perche io parto ad un lungo viaggio (Bring your mother, because I am going in a long trip), Ruddy went back to Venezuela, worked in her first telenovela, saved enough money and together with her mother Rita visited Italy again, stayed for 15 days and celebrated Ruddy's grandfather's 96th birthday. He died in peace the next day.
After a decade of being just friends, since November 2006 actress Ruddy Rodríguez is living a romance with Colombian rejoneador Juan Rafael Restrepo Bello, whom she married on October 1, 2011 in Colombia
Her current manager is Luis Ignacio Bascaran 
- http://extroversia.universia.net.co/html/cineytv/archivoNoticiasAntesVer.jsp?actualConsecutivo=712&ann=2006&mess=Octubre (Latin American version of "Desperate Housewives") 2006-2007 Colombia-Argentina
- Ruddy Rodríguez website
- Ruddy Rodríguez Cosmetics website
- Ruddy Rodríguez at the Internet Movie Database
- Ruddy Rodríguez in VenCOR
- Ruddy Rodríguez bio and galleries
|Awards and achievements|
Astrid Carolina Herrera
|Miss World Venezuela
María Begoña Juaristi