|Headquarters||New York City
|Kathy Bloomgarden, CEO
David Finn, Founder
Bill Ruder, Founder
Ruder Finn is a public relations firm with co-headquarters in the United States and China. Ruder Finn maintains offices across North America, Europe and Asia. The agency was founded by Bill Ruder and David Finn and is now led by CEO Kathy Bloomgarden. Ruder Finn has four areas of expertise: Health & Wellness, Corporate & Public Trust, Technology & Innovation and Consumer Connections.
RF was established in 1948 in New York with the formal partnership of David Finn and Bill Ruder. Their first client was Perry Como, a famous singer, and over time they expanded their network to include consumer products companies as well as government agencies.
In 1999 Ruder Finn established RFI Studios, a digital practice, to help clients protect and build their reputation online. The agency expanded aggressively in Asia, establishing offices in Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Singapore, Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. In 2011, Ruder Finn further strengthened its presence in the region by acquiring Thunder Communications, a Chinese event management, brand and marketing consultancy, and forming a partnership with Kyodo Public Relations, the largest independent PR firm in Japan.
The agency has received multiple honors, including PRSA Bronze Anvils, Big Apple Awards, SABREs and PRWeek Awards. David Finn, the agency’s chairman, also received a Big Apple Award for his leadership, service and ethical conduct in the field of public relations.
||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (November 2012)|
- Caribou Coffee
- Johnson & Johnson
- Kraft Foods
- Swiss Private Bankers Association
- Tod's 
1960s through late 1990s - While representing long-time client Philip Morris (now Altria), Ruder Finn was instrumental in crafting the public relations campaign that disputed the evidence tobacco smoking is hazardous to health.
1998 - Caught in conflict of interest as discoveries of financial dealings of Swiss authorities post-World War II surfaced which involved some of their Jewish clients.
2012 - Ruder Finn accepts contract worth £150,000 per month by current government of Maldives that is currently being condemned by many nations and organizations (including the Commonwealth) for organizing a political coup d'état that led to the fall of the first democratically elected President of the Maldives. While vice-president of Ruder Finn Tchividjian "admitted there were 'diverse points of views' surrounding the circumstances around the change of government" the Commonwealth Ministerial Action Group has reiterated its call for early elections to be held in the Maldives and that the Commission of National Inquiry set up by the current government to investigate the incidents of 7 February 2012 is not impartial or independent. Since Ruder Finn's involvement with the current coup regime of Maldives, angry pro-democracy Maldivians have been flooding Ruder Finn's Facebook and other social media networks.
David Finn, photographer
Firm founder Finn is also a well respected photographer, most notably of sculpture, and his photographs have illustrated numerous books. David Finn was also the editor of Sculpture Review magazine for many years.
- "Public Rleations Firms Database: Ruder Finn". O’Dwyers. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- David Finn, The Way Forward: My First Fifty Years at Ruder Finn. New York: Millwood Publishing. 1998. p. 12.
- "Ruder Finn expands in China with four new accounts". PR Week. July 26, 2011. Retrieved July 3, 2012.
- "People and Accounts of Note". New York Times. July 5, 2012. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- "2012 Bronze Anvil Results" (PDF). Public Relations Society of America. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- "Pepsi Takes Home Top Honors at SABRE Awards". The Holmes Report. May 10, 2011. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- "2011 PR Week Awards". PR Week. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- "People and Accounts of Note". New York Times. June 5, 2006. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- "Caribou Coffee taps Ruder Finn as AOR". PR Week. January 27, 2012. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- "McGough to Lead New RF Insights Unit at Ruder Finn". The Holmes Report. January 18, 2007. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- "Ruder Finn". Read Abstracts. Retrieved July 17, 2012.
- "Ruder Finn". The Holmes Report. October 26, 2010. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "Global Agency Report: Ruder Finn". PR Week. Retrieved July 8, 2012.
- "Gucci, Puma holding company taps Ruder Finn for US corporate work". PR Week. March 21, 2012. Retrieved July 17, 2012.
- "TiVo enlists Ruder Finn". PR Week. July 23, 2007. Retrieved July 17, 2012.
- Ruder & Finn, Inc., "Project “B”: an alternative proposal to project “A”″, September 1995, Tobacco Institute, Bates no. TIMN0004276/4299 Archived 9 March 2011 at WebCite
- Ruder & Finn, Inc., "Public Relations Study for Philip Morris, Inc.", January 1968, Philip Morris, Bates no. 2021280871/0957 Archived 9 March 2011 at WebCite
- Ruder & Finn, Inc., "Preliminary Proposal for a Corporate Affairs Programme", February 1991, Philip Morris France, Bates No. 2500120377/0438 Archived 9 March 2011 at WebCite
- 1,247 documents linking Ruder Finn and Philip Morris at the Legacy Tobacco Documents Library at the University of California, San Francisco Archived 9 March 2011 at WebCite
- Leading PR firm caught in fray between Swiss, Jewish clients
- Questions surface about Annan's nephew Archived 9 March 2011 at WebCite