10 November 1913|
|Died||19 June 1979
|Years of service||1934–1945|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Rudolf Schlee (10 November 1913 – 19 June 1979) was a highly decorated Hauptmann in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Rudolf Schlee was captured by Soviet forces in April 1945 and was held until 1947.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (8 June 1940)
- 1st Class (3 August 1940)
- West Wall Medal (15 March 1940)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black
- in Silver (4 December 1942)
- Close Combat Clasp
- in Bronze
- Infantry Assault Badge in Silver (25 August 1940)
- Eastern Front Medal (1 August 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 307.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 59.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.