|• Total||2,908 km2 (1,123 sq mi)|
|• Density||425/km2 (1,100/sq mi)|
|• Official||Hindi, Punjabi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Rudrapur is a city and a Nagar Nigam in Udham Singh Nagar district in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. Rudrapur is located in the fertile Terai region. It is the 7th most populous city of Uttarakhand. Since the establishment of SIDCUL, the city had enjoyed rapid development, along with literacy growth and much more employment.
As of the 2001 India census, Rudrapur had a population of 140,250. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Rudrapur has an average literacy rate of 75%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 82%, and female literacy is 67%. In Rudrapur, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
In the vicinity of the spectacular Kumaon lies the district of Udham Singh Nagar which was a part of district Nainital before it gained the identity of a separate district in 30 September 1995.The district comprises five main sub divisions Rudrapur, Kashipur, Bazpur, Sitarganj and Khatima and is surrounded by the exotic Himalayan ranges. The Tehsils in the district are Jaspur, Kashipur, Bajpur, Gadarpur, Kichha, Khatima, Sitarganj and Rudrapur itself.
The fertile land lends itself to different forms of agriculture giving rise to agriculture related activities and industry making this land a green place which has resulted into prosperity all around. Pantnagar university is a place of learning in the fields of agriculture and technology.
NanakMatta Sahib Gurudwara (also, Gurdwara Sri Nanak Matta Sahib) is an important sikh pilgrimage centre, located at Nanakmatta, where is also present the NanakMatta dam. It is situated about 17 km from Khatima and is on the Rudrapur - Tanakpur route. The gurudwara and the place get their name from Guru Nanak Dev Ji, the first sikh guru, who visited there in 1514 AD.
In the past this land which is full of forest land was neglected till 1948 due to difficult climate. Marshy lands, extreme heat, rains which lasted months, a place full of wild animals, diseases and no means of transportation prevented the human race to form a colony here.
According to Historians, hundreds of years ago village Rudrapur was established by a devotee of lord Rudra or by Hindu tribal chief called Rudra, which has passed through phases of development to take the shape of city Rudrapur. The importance of Rudrapur has increased as it is the headquarters of district Udham Singh Nagar. During the reigns of mughal emperor Akbar this land was handed over to king Rudra Chandra in 1588. The king established a permanent military camp to free tarai from day today invasions. Totally neglected village Rudrapur was filled with new colours and human activities. There is a saying that Rudrapur was named after king Rudra Chandra.
During the reigns of Britishers, Nainital was made a district and in 1864-65 the whole Tarai and Bhawar was put under "Tarai and Bhawar Government Act" which was governed directly by the British crown.
The history of development started with 1948, when the problem of partition brought refugee problem with it. Immigrant from north west and eastern areas were re-established in 164.2 square km land area under "up nivesh yojana". Personal dwellers were not allotted land in accordance with crown grant act. The first batch of immigrants came in December 1948.
People from Kashmir, Punjab, Kerala, Eastern UP, Garhwal, Kumaon, Bengal, Hariyana, Rajasthan, Nepal, and Naidu live in groups in this districts. This country is an example of unity in diversity with people from many religions and professions and so is this Tarai, which has its heart at Rudrapur. Due to this Tarai was named MINI HINDUSTAN.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (July 2010)|
Rudrapur is located in the state of Uttarakhand sharing borders with Uttar Pradesh. The nearest Airport is at Pantnagar. Rudrapur is well connected to Kashipur, Kathgodam, Nainital, Moradabad, Bareilly, Rampur, [[[disambiguation needed]Dehradun]], Lucknow, Allahabad and Delhi by rail network. Rudrapur is well connected by road with all the major cities of the state and region. Delhi is at a distance of 234 km whereas Nainital is just 72 km away. The place is a junction of roads heading in four directions. One towards Kashipur and beyond to Haridwar, the other to Nainital, the third towards Kichha leading to Bareilly & Lucknow and the last one heading towards the national capital, New Delhi.
The coming up of industries is attributed largely to the setting up of a large Integrated Industrial Estate under State Infrastructure and Industrial Development Corporation of Uttarakhand Limited(SIDCUL).The has proppeled the town into forefront of industrial activity and has attracted companies like Tata Motors, Roquette Riddhi Siddhi Pvt. Ltd., Unimax International, Unimax Scaffoldings, Britannia Industries, Greenply Industries Ltd., Parle Agro, HCL, HP, Hindustan Zinc Limited, Ashok Leyland, GuruTie.com etc.The city has been transformed into a major industrial hub with many automobile and agro based industries.
List of Colleges & Schools,Rudrapur
- Sr. Bhagat Singh Govt P.G. College,Rudrapur
- Guru Nanak Degree College,Rudrapur
- Shree Sanatan Dharm Kanya Mahavidhyalaya,Rudrapur
- Aditya Nath Jha Govt. Inter College,Rudrapur
- Govt Inter College, Bagwala, Rudrapur
- Janta Inter College,Rudrapur
- Bal Bharti Inter College,Rudrapur
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidhyalaya,Rudrapur
- Saraswati Vidya Mandir,Rudrapur
- Shree Guru Nanak Girls Inter College,Rudrapur
- Shree Guru Nanak Higher Secondary Public School,Rudrapur
- Shree Sanatan Dharm Kanya Inter College,Rudrapur
- Arya Samaj Public School,Rudrapur
- R.A.N. Public School,Rudrapur
- Holy Child School, Delhi Road, Rudrapur
- Holy Child Preparatory School, Galla Mandi, Rudrapur (branch of Holy Child School)
- Amenity Public School,Rudrapur -
- Rainbow Public School,Rudrapur
- Knowledge Park (A School) Rudrapur
- Jaycees Public School,Rudrapur
- Columbus Public School,Rudrapur
- THE OXFORD ACADEMY,Rudrapur
- Bhartiyam International School,Rudrapur -
- Universal Academy School (Educomp),Rudrapur
- Shemrock Asters,Rudrapur
- Confluence World School,Rudrapur
- St. Mary's School,Rudrapur -
- Blooming Dales' Modern School,Rudrapur
- St. Mark School,Rudrapur
- Sarv Sanskriti School(Branch of R.A.N.),Rudrapur
- Sanskaar-A Play School,Rudrapur
- PRARAMBHA - A Play School
- Paramount Educational Academy,Rudrapur
- Kids Care Public School,Rudrapur
- Kids Planet School,Rudrapur
- Kids Gurukul A Play School,Rudrapur
- Kids Paradise Public and Preparatory School,Rudrapur
- Maharishi Vidhya Mandir,Rudrapur
- Bhanu Pratap Memorial Public School,Rudrapur
- Sharda Public School,Rudrapur
- गोविंद विद्या मंदिर उच्चतर माध्यमिक विद्यालय,रुद्रपुर
- Krishna Inter College,Rudrapur
- GSIC Education,Rudrapur
- Education Mantra,Rudrapur
- monad public school,gadarpur
List of Institution & Coaching Centers,Rudrapur
- Devsthali Vidyapeeth College of Pharmacy,Rudrapur -Dr. D K Sharma Principal
- Chandola Homoeopathic Medical College,Rudrapur -CHMC
- Rudrapur College of Technology,Rudrapur -RCT
- Rudrapur Institute of Technology,Rudrapur -RIT
- Web Solutions,Rudrapur -
- Saraswati Institute of Management and Technology,SIMT,Rudrapur
- Unity Law College,Rudrapur -
- Chanakya Law College,Rudrapur
- Apex Group of Institution,Rudrapur
- Droan College of Education & Technology,Rudrapur
- Six Sigma Institute of Technology and Science,Rudrapur
- Lakes Career Point,Rudrapur
- Aakash IIT-JEE,Rudrapur
- GAAP Bright,Rudrapur
- DRY RUN EDUCATION PVT. LTD.,RUDRAPUR
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- ; http://www.euttaranchal.com/tourism/nanakmatta.php ; http://www.maps-india.com/uttaranchal/uttaranchal-map/nanak-matta.gif ; http://www.uttarakhand.ws/pilgrimage-temples/nanakmatta
- , SIDCUL