Rufino, Santa Fe
|• Total||1,021 km2 (394 sq mi)|
|• Density||18/km2 (47/sq mi)|
|Time zone||ART (UTC-3)|
|Dialing code||+54 3382|
Rufino is a city in the province of Santa Fe, Argentina. It has 18,372 inhabitants as per the 2001 census [INDEC]. It lies on the southwest of the province, 416 km (258 mi) from the provincial capital Santa Fe, near the borders with Córdoba (west) and Buenos Aires (south), on the intersection of National Routes 33 and 7.
The town was founded by Gerónimo Segundo Rufino in 1886, as the railway line that linked Diego de Alvear, Santa Fe, to Villa Mercedes, San Luis, was inaugurated. The plans for the new town were approved by the governorship of Santa Fe on 29 March 1889, which is acknowledged as the official foundation date.
Notable people born in Rufino
- Guillermo Coria, tennis player
- Miguel Rolando Covian, biomedical scientist
- Amadeo Carrizo, soccer player
- Ernesto Mastrángelo, soccer player
- Jorge Rajadell, Artist
- Bernabe Ferreira, soccer player
- Carlos Bulgheroni, businessman in Argentina's energy sector
- Municipality of Rufino — Official website.
- Municipal information: Municipal Affairs Federal Institute (IFAM), Municipal Affairs Secretariat, Ministry of Interior, Argentina. (Spanish)
- Inforama — Municipal information at the official website of the Santa Fe provincial government.
|This article about a place in Santa Fe Province, Argentina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|