|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014)|
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Rugao (Chinese: 如皋; pinyin: Rúgāo) is a county-level city under the administration of Nantong, Jiangsu province, China, located in the Golden Triangle region on the northern (left) bank of the Yangtze River. 
Rugao is also famous for its kites, potted landscapes, flowers and trees. It is the largest distributing center in east China.
Rugao is one of the oldest towns to appear in the Yangtze triangle. About 2000 years ago, a small coastal town named Rugao Port was established. In 441, the 7th year of the Yixi Era of Eastern Jin Dynasty, Rugao county was first founded.
During Sui Dynasty, the county was merged into Ninghai county. In the Wude Era of Tang Dynasty, Ninghai county was renamed Hailing county. In the era of Republic of China, Rugao became the largest county in China.
In 1940, Rugao was divided along the Tongyang Canal into two parts: Ruxi county and Rudong county. In September 1945, Rugao county was reestablished.
On June 1, 1990, with approval of the State Council, Rugao city was founded, which went into effect in 1991.
Mayor of this city
the current mayor of this city is Jiang YongHua. and the Party Secretary is Chen HuiJuan.
- Total area: 1,477 km²
- Population: 1.4528 million
- Districts: 20 towns with 532 administrative villages
- Rucheng Town
- Chaiwan Town
- Taoyuan Town
- Changjiang Town
- Xue'an Town
- Dongchen Town
- Dingyan Town
- Baipu Town
- Linzi Town
- Xiayuan Town
- Jiuhua Town
- Guoyuan Town
- Shizhuang Town
- Wuyao Town
- Jiang'an Town
- Gaoming Town
- Banjing Town
- Motou Town
- Yuanqiao Town
- Changqing Town
- Shuihui Garden (built in the Wanli Era of Ming Dynasty);
- Dinghui Temple (first built in 591, 11th year of Sui Dynasty, rebuilt in the Wanli Era of Ming Dynasty);
- Lingwei Taoist Temple (built in 1111)；
- Long Life Park
- Red Army Memorial Museum
- Google Inc. "Rugao". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Rugao,+Nantong,+Jiangsuemail@example.com,120.5910659,10z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x35b16b0fd9b22ebd:0x353d08b2ce0fa080. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- (Chinese) Rugao government
- (Chinese) Rugao City English guide (Jiangsu.NET)
- (Chinese) Rugao BBS
- (English) (Chinese) "Illustrated Album of Yangzhou Prefecture", from 1573-1620, has illustrations of Rugao