Ruhaniyat – The All India Sufi & Mystic Music Festival
|Ruhaniyat - The All India Sufi & Mystic Music Festival|
|Dates||Between November and March|
|Years active||2001 - Present|
|Founded by||Banyan Tree Events|
Ruhaniyat – The All India Sufi & Mystic Music Festival is a music festival held in across India. It is organised by Mumbai-based cultural organisation Banyan Tree Events between November and March every year. This Sufi festival is one of the biggest of its kind, and is held in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Pune and Hyderabad. Musicians from various parts of India — sufi qawwals, mystic musicians, Kabir panthis, and Bauls — perform at the festival.
The Ruhaniyat festival started in 2001, the brainchild of Mahesh Babu and Nandini Mahesh, the Directors of Banyan Tree Events, to promote sufi and mystic music has evolved into a prestigious event.
Parvathy Baul, Warsi Brothers, Ateeq Hussain Khan, Jari Sufi compositions of Azan Fakir of Manipur, Hafiza Begum Chaudhury, Kabirpanthis Prahlad Tippania from Devas in Madhya Pradesh, Jagar music by Rakesh Bhatt, Vithal Rao etc.
- Express News Service (2008-11-22). "Ruhaniyat brings to city ‘doctors of the soul’". Express India. Retrieved 2012-02-19.
- ruhaniyat official website
- "Metro Plus Hyderabad / Events : Ruhaniyat is back". The Hindu. 2009-01-12. Retrieved 2012-02-19.
- "Metro Plus Hyderabad / Events : Spiritual odyssey". The Hindu. 2009-01-21. Retrieved 2012-02-19.
- "Business Line : Features / Life News". Thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2012-02-19.