|Studio album by Architects|
|Released||June 25, 2007|
|Recorded||March – April 2007, @ Outhouse Studios, Reading, Berkshire|
|Genre||Metalcore, hardcore punk, mathcore|
|Label||United By Fate
Century Media (August 5, 2008)
|Producer||John Mitchell, Ben Humphreys & Architects|
Stylistically, this album displays a minor change in the band's style, with the mathcore of Nightmares being melded with a more fluid metalcore sound. Clean vocals are implemented again in a few songs, to a larger extent than on Nightmares, although not as prominently as in later releases.
As well as a change in style this album marks a change in guitar tuning, from drop C (which was used on Nightmares) to drop B, for all tracks, except Low, which features the same tuning as drop B, but with the low B tuned to F# (the bass string on an 8 string guitar).
All songs written and composed by Architects.
|1.||"Buried at Sea"||3:42|
|2.||"Hunt Them Down"||3:19|
|3.||"You'll Find Safety"||3:33|
|5.||"Sail This Ship Alone"||1:55|
|8.||"I Can't See the Light"||4:24|
|10.||"Running from the Sun"||3:43|
|2008 Re-Release Bonus|
|12.||"Broken Clocks" (Feat. Nick Worthington of Dead Swans)||3:42|
Ruin was the first Architects album to feature new vocalist Sam Carter. His vocal style was a marked change from that of previous vocalist Matt Johnson, being more of a hardcore shout than a metalcore scream. This is most obvious on the re-recording of "To The Death" (from Nightmares) in May 2008 that was available for download for a short period.
- Sam Carter – vocals, lyrics
- Tim Hillier-Brook – guitar
- Tom Searle – guitar
- Alex "Ali Dino" Dean – bass
- Dan Searle – drums
- Produced by John Mitchell, Ben Humphreys & Architects
- Engineered by Ben Humphreys & John Mitchell
- Mixed by John Mitchell
- Mastered by Tim Turan, @ Turan Audio, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- A&R by Melanie Schmidt (EU), Ray Harkins (US) & Greg Below (CAN)
- Management & publicity by Leander Gloversmith
- Booking by Marco Walzel (Avocado Booking)
- Artwork design & layout by Seldon Hunt