Ruisseau-De Montigny Nature Park
|Ruisseau-De Montigny Nature Park|
|Location||Rivière-des-Prairies–Pointe-aux-Trembles, Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Area||30 ha (74 acres)|
Ruisseau-De Montigny Nature Park (French: Parc-nature du Ruisseau-De Montigny) is a large park in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It is located on the banks of the Rivière des Prairies. Most of the park is located in the western sector of the borough Rivière-des-Prairies–Pointe-aux-Trembles (Rivière-des-Prairies neighbourhood), with a small portion located in the eastern sector of the borough of Anjou.
Ruisseau-De Montigny Nature Park is a linear park, and is located between Perras Boulevard and Henri-Bourassa Boulevard, west of the Louis-Hippolyte-Lafontaine Boulevard. The park borrows its name from a stream flowing through it from south to north, emptying into the Rivière des Prairies. This stream, which flows directly over limestone rock, has a waterfall with a drop of 3 metres (9.8 ft).
Before its opening of the park, a major cleanup was required to clean the stream and the surrounding woodland, which were previously used to deposit waste for several years. Ruisseau-De Montigny Nature Park opened in 2005 and originally had an area of 22 hectares (54 acres), which by 2011 grew to an area of 30 hectares (74 acres).
In January 2011, the city of Montreal adopted a plan for the development of green space also known as known as the "De Montigny Stream Basin Eco-territory", in order to improve access to the public. The city also aims to better protect the park, particularly against negative impacts that may occur as a result of the opening of the nearby Olivier-Charbonneau Bridge.
- "Bois du ruisseau De Montigny". Fiches techniques des bois d’intérêt écologique sur le territoire de la Communa uté Métropolitaine de Montréal (in French). Communauté Métropolitaine de Montréal. Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- Benessaieh, Karim (2011-01-29). "Ruisseau-de-Montigny: Montréal veut revigorer le parc" (in French). La Presse (Canadian newspaper). Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- "Parc-nature du Ruisseau-De Montigny". Grands parcs et verdissement (in French). Ville de Montréal. Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- Leduc-Frenette, Samuel (2012-07-13). "Le parc-nature du Ruisseau-De Montigny, un lieu méconnu" (in French). L'Informateur de Rivière-des-Parairies. Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- "Ruisseau-de-Montigny Nature Park". Network of Large Parks. Ville de Montréal. Retrieved 26 September 2013.