Ambush (1999 film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Olli Saarela|
|Produced by||Ilkka Matila
|Music by||Tuomas Kantelinen|
|Edited by||Juha Antti-Poika,
|Distributed by||MRP Matila Röhr Productions Oy|
|Running time||123 minutes|
|Budget||US$ 13 million|
Ambush (Finnish: Rukajärven tie) is a 1999 Finnish war film directed by Olli Saarela. Literally "The Road to Rukajärvi", the film debuted on 22 January 1999 in Finland, after which it was released internationally. The film is based on a book written by Antti Tuuri and its leads are played by Peter Franzén as Lt. Eero Perkola and Irina Björklund as Kaarina Vainikainen, Lt. Perkola's love.
- Peter Franzén as Lieutenant Eero Perkola
- Irina Björklund as Lotta Kaarina Vainikainen
- Kari Heiskanen as Lance Corporal Jussi Lukkari
- Taisto Reimaluoto as Corporal Unto Saarinen
- Kari Väänänen as Corporal Tauno Snicker
- Tommi Eronen as Private Simo Karppinen
- Pekka Heikkinen as Corporal Evert Rönkkö
- Pekka Huotari as Private Martti Raassina
- Tero Jartti as Private Moilanen
- Rauno Juvonen as Private Hämäläinen
The film won seven Jussi Awards in 2000 including Best Film, Best Direction, Best Photography, Best Edit, Best Staging, Best Sound Design and Best Score. The film was also entered into the 21st Moscow International Film Festival.
- "21st Moscow International Film Festival (1999)". MIFF. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
|This article related to Finnish film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a war film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|