Rumson School District
|Rumson School District|
|Business Administrator:||Denise Friedmann|
|Address:||60 Forrest Avenue
Rumson, NJ 07760
|Enrollment:||982 (as of 2011-12)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||75.5|
|District Factor Group:||J|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||1,256||18||1,539||-18.4%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||61,785||54||60,112|
|Data from NJDoE 2013 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-8 districts with more than 750 students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=88
The Rumson School District is a community public school district that serves students in grades kindergarten through eighth grade from the Borough of Rumson, in Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "J", the highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Awards and recognition
For the 2001-02 school year, Forrestdale Middle School was recognized with the Blue Ribbon Award from the United States Department of Education, the highest honor that an American school can achieve.
- Deane-Porter Elementary School (K-3, 417 students)
- Shari Feeney, Principal
- Forrestdale Middle School (4-8, 565 students)
- Jennifer Gibbons, Principal
- Maryrose Caulfield-Sloan, Superintendent
- Denise Friedmann, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for the Rumson Borough School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed June 9, 2014.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed June 9, 2014.
- Rumson-Fair Haven Regional High School District 2013 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed June 9, 2014. "The boroughs of Rumson and Fair Haven are residential communities zoned principally for single family dwellings. These adjacent communities are located in Northern Monmouth County, within forty miles of New York City and within a mile of the Atlantic Ocean."
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program: Schools Recognized 1982-1983 through 1999-2002 (PDF), United States Department of Education. Accessed December 21, 2009.
- School Data for the Rumson School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed June 9, 2014.
- Deane-Porter Elementary School, Rumson School District. Accessed June 9, 2014.
- Administrative Office, Rumson School District. Accessed June 9, 2014.
- Forrestdale Middle School, Rumson School District. Accessed June 9, 2014.
- New Jersey School Directory for Monmouth County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed June 9, 2014.
- Rumson School District
- Rumson School District's 2012–13 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Rumson School District, National Center for Education Statistics