|Type||Privately held company (AS)|
|Industry||Email Service Provider|
|Key people||Dag Asheim, Chairman of the Board;
Geir Thomas Andersen, Managing Director
|Services||Runbox Mail Manager|
Runbox Solutions AS is a mainly employee-owned company that provides email and web hosting services worldwide. Runbox Solutions was founded in March 2011 and is headquartered in Oslo, where the Runbox services were launched in 2000. Runbox Solutions works closely with, and is partially owned by, Copyleft Solutions AS.
- 10 October 1999: Runbox AS founded.
- 16 August 2000: The free email service Runbox Mail Manager launched, pioneering online storage of email with offering of 100 MB storage space and email consolidation tools.
- March 2001 Runbox Mail Manager reached 130,000 registered accounts, increasing by 1300 per day
- 7 October 2001: Runbox Mail Manager was converted from a free email service to a subscription-based service. 3% of free users converted to paid service.
- 1 July 2004: Email storage space increased to 1 GB.
- 21 January 2005: E-mail hosting services launched.
- 28 September 2005: Email storage space increased to 10 GB.
- 25 March 2011: Runbox Solutions AS founded by former employees and key people in Runbox AS.
- 1 June 2011: Runbox email services acquired by Runbox Solutions AS from Runbox AS, now renamed to Internet Upside AS.
- 14 June 2011: Email servers moved to a facility provided by Digiplex and Copyleft Solutions, the company now managing the Runbox servers.
The company is backed by Dag Asheim, former and current employees and Copyleft Solutions AS. Runbox AS lost money for the 2008, 2009 and 2010 financial years and in May 2011 was bought out by staff and key personnel, and a new company, Runbox Solutions AS formed.
The core Runbox email service consists of open source components and a web application developed by Runbox and Redpill Linpro with funding from The Research Council of Norway. Being located in Norway, Runbox attracted renewed attention in light of the surveillance debate of 2013  and subsequently experienced substantial growth.
- Runbox' homepage
- Runbox' entry in the Brønnøysund Register Centre, Norway's official company register
- Vil du ha epost med en gigabyte lagringsplass?(Norwegian). Retrieved 2 February 2010.
- Web Host Industry Review: Runbox Launches Email Hosting. Retrieved 12 September 2009.
- Runbox: News archive. Retrieved 2 February 2010.
- Financial Statements in Norwegian As of March 2011
- Runbox: About RMM. Retrieved 12 September 2009.