|Address||265 Runnymede Road
|Opened||10 May 1968|
Runnymede is a subway station on the Bloor–Danforth line in Toronto, Canada. It is located just north of Bloor Street West, spanning the block east of Runnymede Road to Kennedy Avenue, with bus platforms at the surface level and entrances at both ends. It opened in 1968 as part of the westerly extension of the subway line from Keele to Islington Station.
Subway infrastructure in the vicinity
The line is tunneled westward toward Jane Station. About halfway east towards High Park Station, just after at Kennedy Park Road, the line comes to the surface at the Clendenan Portal and crosses over Clendenan Avenue.
Nearby landmarks include the former Runnymede Theatre in Bloor West Village, the Runnymede Library branch of the Toronto Public Library, Runnymede Junior & Senior Public School, Western Technical-Commercial School, and Runnymede United Church.
- 71A Runnymede to St. Clair Avenue West
- 71B to Industry Street
- 77 Swansea to the Queensway
- 79A Scarlett Road to Lawrence Avenue West & Jane Street via Pritchard Avenue/Foxwell Street
- 79B to Lawrence Avenue West & Jane Street via St. Clair Avenue West
- "Subway ridership, 2012-2013". Toronto Transit Commission. "This table shows the typical number of customer-trips made on each subway on an average weekday and the typical number of customers travelling to and from each station platform on an average weekday. Five stations serve two subways, and so are listed twice, once for each subway"
- James Bow. "A History of Subways on Bloor and Queen Streets". Transit Toronto. Retrieved January 2014. "the subway was extended to Islington in 1968"
Media related to Runnymede Station at Wikimedia Commons