Sanders at the Australian premiere of Snow White and the Huntsman, 19 June 2012
|Born||Rupert Miles Sanders
March 16, 1971
Westminster, London, England
|Spouse(s)||Liberty Ross (m. 2002)|
Rupert Miles Sanders (born 16 March 1971) is a British film director.
Sanders has directed numerous television advertisements, including one for Halo 3: ODST, which won him two Golden Lions at the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival. Sanders' first feature film is Snow White and the Huntsman, which was released in the USA in early June 2012. The film's budget was $170 million, including an eight-figure marketing expenditure, and it earned $20.3 million on its opening day in the USA. To date, the film has grossed $396,592,829 at the box office.
Sanders married model Liberty Ross, sister of Oscar-winning composer Atticus Ross, in 2002. Though both Sanders and Ross are British, they moved to Los Angeles to further Sanders' career. Together they have two children, daughter Skyla and son Tennyson. In July 2012, Us Weekly published photos of Sanders cheating on Ross with actress Kristen Stewart, prompting Sanders and Stewart to issue separate public apologies. Ross subsequently filed for divorce from Sanders in January 2013, seeking joint custody, spousal support, and legal fees.
- Samson, Pete (27 July 2012). "Robert Pattinson quits home he shared with Kristen Stewart". The Sun. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- Babb, Francesca (1 June 2012). "Snow White & the Huntsman Director Rupert Sanders Is Living the Fairy Tale". The Guardian. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- McClintock, Pamela (2 June 2012). "Box Office Report: 'Snow White and the Huntsman' Tops Friday With Strong $20.3 Million". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "Snow White and the Huntsman (2012)". Box Office Mojo. Amazon.com. Retrieved September 13, 2012.
- "Kristen Stewart Cheats on Robert Pattinson With Director Rupert Sanders". Us Weekly. 24 July 2012. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "Liberty Ross - Kristen Stewart Affair: Who Exactly Is Liberty Ross?". Contactmusic.com. 25 July 2012. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "Liberty Ross: 6 Things to Know About Rupert Sanders' Wife". ABC News. 28 July 2012. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- "Kristen Stewart, Rupert Sanders apologize for affair". CBCNews. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "Kristen Stewart's Apology to Robert Pattinson for Cheating". People Magazine. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "Kristen Stewart's Cheating Apology: PR Insider Weighs In". Huffington Post. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- D'Zurilla, Christie (July 25, 2012). "Rupert Sanders apologizes for Kristen Stewart hookup". L.A. Times. Retrieved September 13, 2012.
- "Liberty Ross Files for Divorce from Rupert Sanders". People. Retrieved 25 January 2013.