Rush of Fools
|Rush of Fools|
|Origin||Birmingham, Alabama, United States|
|Genres||Christian rock, rock, indie, contemporary Christian music|
|Years active||2005 – present|
|Past members||Jacob Blount
Rush of Fools is a Christian rock/contemporary Christian music band from Alabama, U.S. They are known for their 2007 hit single "Undo", co-written with producer Scott Davis, which was the most played song of 2007 on Adult Contemporary Christian Music radio stations according to R&R magazine. It was the No. 1 Christian song for five consecutive weeks from June 4 to July 2, 2007 on 20 The Countdown Magazine's charts. Their second single "When Our Hearts Sing" was the seventh most played song of 2007. The band's name was taken from the Biblical passage, 1 Corinthians 1:26-31.
The band's second album, Wonder of the World, was released on September 16, 2008. It features their hit song "Lose it All".
For their third album, the band changed to the record label eOne Christian Music. The album is titled We Once Were and was released on September 27, 2011. The lead single, "Grace Found Me" was released June 24, 2011.
Starting up as a small band in Alabama, Rush of Fools had only played for a short time before entering a contest called "Band with a Mission". Winning the contest, they received attention from record labels, including Midas Records, with whom Rush of Fools soon recorded and released their self-titled debut album.
- Wes Willis – vocals, guitar
- Kevin Huguley – guitar
- Jacob Chesnut – bass
- Jamie Sharpe – drums
- Patrick Sweeney - guitar
|2007||Rush of Fools||Midas||9||181|
|2008||Wonder of the World||7||187|
|2011||We Once Were||eOne Christian Music||36||—|
|2014||Carry Us Now||Provident||—||—|
|US Christ. AC||US AC|
|"When Our Hearts Sing"||10||7||—|
|2008||"Can't Get Away"||20||15||—|
|"Peace Be Still"||—||—||—|
|"Wonder of the World"||20||27||—|
|2009||"Never Far Away" (with Jim Brickman)||—||—||8|
|"Lose It All"||18||20||—|
|2011||"Come Find Me"||—||—||—|
|2014||"Held in Your Hands"||—||—||—|
- 2007: ASCAP Song of the Year for "Undo" 
Dove Award nominations
- 2008: New Artist of the Year
- 2008: Song of the Year for "Undo"
- 2008: Pop/Contemporary Song of the Year for "Undo"
- 2008: Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year for Rush of Fools
- UNDO Named R&R Most Played Song of the Year , December 28, 2007, Mike Parker, Retrieved December 31, 2007
- The Band Rush Of Fools, Retrieved April 17, 2008 Archived December 13, 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- bandwithamission.com, Retrieved 25 June 2007
- rushoffools.com news item, Retrieved 25 June 2007 Archived August 23, 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- "Rush of Fools – Chart History: Christian Albums". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved March 15, 2014.
- "Rush of Fools – Chart History: Christian Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved March 15, 2014.
- Rush of Fools awarded the ASCAP Song of the Year Award
- 39th Annual GMA Dove Award Nominees, DoveAwards.com
|This Christian music-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|