Rushcreek Township, Logan County, Ohio
|Rushcreek Township, Logan County, Ohio|
|• Total||49.2 sq mi (127.6 km2)|
|• Land||49.2 sq mi (127.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,106 ft (337 m)|
|• Density||44.5/sq mi (17.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086493|
Located in the northeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Taylor Creek Township, Hardin County - north
- Bokes Creek Township - east
- Perry Township - southeast
- Jefferson Township - south
- Lake Township - southwest
- McArthur Township - west
- Richland Township - northwest
The village of Rushsylvania is located in central Rushcreek Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
In the elections of November 2007, Rick Kennedy defeated Michael Stolly in the election for the position of township trustee, while J. Andrew Johnson was elected without opposition to the position of township fiscal officer.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Logan County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 12 May 2007.
- Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township trustee results", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.
- Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township fiscal officer", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.