|Acting Principal||Mrs J Goodacre|
|DfE URN||139013 Tables|
|Website||Rushden Community College website|
Rushden Academy is an Academy school in Rushden, Northamptonshire, which was founded in 1977. The school was formerly the Chichele College for Girls until 1991 when it was amalgamated to become The Rushden School, rebranding as the Rushden Community College in 2005 and as Rushden Academy in 2014. There were approximately 860 students in Years 7 to 11 on roll in the 2013-2014 college year, plus around 110 students in the Sixth Form, which is shared with two other local schools. There are 71 teachers and 25 teaching support staff.
The college is currently rated as "requires improvement" by Ofsted. In 2012 the college hit the headlines when it achieved a result of only 6% of students gaining 5 GCSEs including Mathematics and English at C grade or above, the worst results of any comprehensive school in the country. The then Principal, Mark Lester said this was due to students being entered for the wrong examinations. 
Percentage of students achieving 5+ GCSEs including Maths and English
Note 46% of students achieved 5 A*-C grades including English and Mathematics but the combination of examinations for the majority was not recognized by the DfE, hence the discrepancy.
The College gains over 95% of its Year 7 students from six local feeder schools.
- South Rushden: Whitefriars Junior and South End Junior
- North Rushden: Denfield Park Primary
- Central Rushden: Alfred Street Junior
- West Rushden: Newton Road Primary
- Higham Ferrers: Higham Ferrers Junior
Sixth form provision
- Weaver, Stephanie (20 September 2014). "New name for Rushden school as part of improvement plan". Northants Telegraph. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Rushden Community College". Performance Tables 2012. Department for Education. Retrieved 5 January 2014.
- "Rushden Community College Ofsted report April 2014". Ofsted. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- Richardson, Hannah. "Schools miss top university grades". BBC News. Retrieved 5 January 2014.
- "Rushden Community College (Academy)". Performance Tables 2013. Department for Education. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- "Rushden Academy". Performance Tables 2014. Department for Education. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "Our Schools". The Education Fellowship. Retrieved 6 January 2013.