|Education||University of Belgrade Faculty of Economics|
|Occupation||Fashion editor, stylist|
|Title||Contributing Fashion Editor for L'Uomo Vogue and Vogue Italia|
Rushka Bergman is a contributing fashion editor for L'Uomo Vogue and Vogue Italia. She was the personal stylist for Michael Jackson and acted as creative consultant and costume designer for his This Is It concerts in London.
Bergman was born in Serbia, and received her degree from the University of Belgrade Faculty of Economics. Shortly thereafter she moved to Ghana and continued her education in fine art. She is now based in New York City.
After moving to New York in 1996, Bergman began working as a stylist immediately. In 2000, she participated in the creation of the Giorgio Armani exhibit in collaboration with The Guggenheim Museum and Royal Academy of Arts in London. She also worked with photographer Tom Munro on the accompanying book, Giorgio Armani, for which she helped to create the cover as well as many of the images inside. In 2004, Bergman collaborated with Bryan Adams on Calvin Klein's book American Women. Bergman often collaborates with filmmaker/photographer Francesco Carrozzini. She was the costume designer for his short film 1937 which was selected at the 2008 Venice Film Festival.
Bergman has worked for many years as a contributing fashion editor at Vogue Italia and L'Uomo Vogue and has designed over 80 covers to date. Her notable subjects include musicians such as Michael Jackson, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, Sting, David Byrne, Björk, Kanye West, Frank Ocean, Usher, P Diddy, A$AP Rocky, and Snoop Dogg; directors Steven Spielberg, Tim Burton, David Cronenberg, David Lynch, Quentin Tarantino, Ang Lee, Oliver Stone, Bennett Miller, Stephen Frears, Wong Kar-Wai, Darren Aronofsky, and David Fincher; actors Robert De Niro, Morgan Freeman, Christoph Waltz, Mickey Rourke, Tim Roth, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Downey Jr., Robert Pattinson, Michael Fassbender, Shia LaBeouf, Gerard Butler, Hugh Jackman, Keira Knightley, Alec Baldwin, Stephen Dorff, Taylor Lautner, Mark Ruffalo, Daniel Radcliffe, Tobey Maguire, Sarah Gadon, Kim Kardashian, and Shailene Woodley; notable athletes Kobe Bryant, Serena Williams and Neymar da Silva; entrepreneurs Richard Branson, Charles Annenberg, David Rockefeller, and Jimmy Wales; and artists including Jeff Koons, Marina Abramovic, Peter Marino, Rem Koolhaas, Andreas Serrano, Shepard Fairey, Ole Scheeren, Sir Jonathan Ive, Shirin Nehsat, and Ed Ruscha. Bergman has worked on beauty campaigns for Shiseido and L'Oreal as well as advertising campaigns for Valentino, Pringle of Scotland, Bally, and Mango, amongst others. In 2011, she appeared on America's Next Top Model as a guest stylist for a Michael Jackson-themed photo shoot. In 2014, she was awarded the Nikola Tesla Visual Arts Achievement Award by the Tesla Science Foundation.
After meeting Michael Jackson on the set of his 2007 L'Uomo Vogue cover shoot with Bruce Weber, Bergman began to work as Jackson's creative consultant and stylist, and the two became close friends. In addition to being his personal stylist, Bergman collaborated on his costumes for the This Is It concerts with haute couture designers Christophe Decarnin for Balmain, Kris Van Assche for Christian Dior, John Galliano, Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy, and Giuseppe Zanotti.
|1937||2008||Costume designer||Short film|
|Michael Jackson's This Is It||2009||Personal stylist : Michael Jackson||Documentary|
|Francesco Carrozzini||2010||Fashion editor & stylist (Herself)||Documentary|
|America's Next Top Model||2010||Fashion editor & stylist (Herself)||
|America's Next Top Model||2011||Fashion editor & stylist (Herself)||TV series, episode: "LaToya Jackson"|
|Marina Abramovic: The Artist Is Present||2012||Fashion editor & stylist (Herself)||Documentary|
- "'This Is It' movie showcases Michael Jackson's fashion comeback [Updated]". Latimesblogs.latimes.com. 29 October 2009. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Talking Point: Is This It? | Grazia Talking Points". Graziadaily.co.uk. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Biography". Rushka Bergman. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Rushka Bergman - IMDb". Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Scoop Du Jour: Michael Jackson In Givenchy Via Rushka Bergman". The Imagist. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Lab Daily » H.E. by Mango Spring/Summer 2011 Campaign- Gerard Piqué by Francesco Carrozzini". Labdailyblog.com. 23 February 2011. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Gerard Piqué Shoot For He By Mango Making Of". Wn.com. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Malcolm Harris: Michael Jackson's Stylist Rushka Bergman: "The King of Pop" Costume Exhibition". Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Michael Jackson. "Non ti dimenticherò mai. Forever, Darling"" – news – people e show". Style.it. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Michael Jackson's style to live on in 'This Is It' film". Latimesblogs.latimes.com. 20 October 2009. Retrieved 20 October 2011.