|Education||University of Belgrade Faculty of Economics|
|Title||Contributing Fashion Editor for L'Uomo Vogue and Vogue Italia|
Rushka Bergman is a contributing fashion editor for L'Uomo Vogue and Vogue Italia. She was the personal stylist for Michael Jackson and acted as creative consultant and costume designer for his This Is It concerts in London.
Bergman was born in Serbia, and received her degree from the University of Belgrade Faculty of Economics. Shortly thereafter she moved to Ghana and continued her education in fine art. She is now based in New York City.
After moving to New York in 1996, Bergman began working as a stylist immediately. In 2000, she participated in the creation of the Giorgio Armani exhibit in collaboration with The Guggenheim Museum and Royal Academy of Arts in London. She also worked with photographer Tom Munro on the accompanying book, Giorgio Armani, for which she helped to create the cover as well as many of the images inside. In 2004, Bergman collaborated with Bryan Adams on Calvin Klein's book American Women, in which she styled Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in addition to other iconic American women.
Vogue Italia and L'Uomo Vogue
Bergman has worked for many years as a contributing fashion editor at Vogue Italia and L'Uomo Vogue and has designed over 80 covers to date; her covers have featured a variety of iconic men and women, including Steven Spielberg, Tim Burton, Michael Jackson, Beyoncé, Robert De Niro, Michael Fassbender, David Cronenberg,Robert Pattinson, Shia Labeouf, Stephen Dorff, Kim Kardashian, Taylor Lautner, Iggy Pop, David Byrne, Usher, Jay-Z, Sean "Diddy" Combs, Snoop Dogg, Sting, Daniel Radcliffe, Casey Affleck, Tim Roth and Brady Corbet, John Malkovich, Quentin Tarantino, Mickey Rourke, Hugh Jackman, Emile Hirsch, Ed Ruscha, Morgan Freeman, Kobe Bryant, Chloë Sevigny, Shepard Fairey, Rem Koolhaas, Frank Gehry, Marina Abramović, Jeff Koons, Ole Scheeren, Alec Baldwin, Lea Michele, Hugh Dancy, Olivia Wilde, Tyra Banks, Jimmy Wales, Don King, Charles Annenberg, Kenny Ortega, Travis Payne, and Christoph Waltz.
After meeting Michael Jackson on the set of his 2007 L'Uomo Vogue cover shoot with Bruce Weber, Bergman began to work as Jackson's creative consultant and stylist, and the two became close friends. In addition to being his personal stylist, Bergman collaborated on his costumes for the This Is It concerts with haute couture designers Christophe Decarnin, Kris Van Assche, John Galliano, Riccardo Tisci, Giuseppe Zanotti, and Erickson Beamon.
- "'This Is It' movie showcases Michael Jackson's fashion comeback [Updated]". Latimesblogs.latimes.com. 29 October 2009. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Talking Point: Is This It? | Grazia Talking Points". Graziadaily.co.uk. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Biography". Rushka Bergman. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "L'Uomo Vogue – October 2007 issue featuring the King Of Pop, Michael Jackson. | The Official Michael Jackson Site". Michaeljackson.com. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- [dead link]
- "Beyoncé". Vogue.it. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Michael Fassbender". Vogue.it.
- "David Cronenberg". Vogue.it.
- "Stephen Dorff". Vogue.it. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Kim Kardashian". Vogue.it. Retrieved 15 June 2012.
- "Taylor Lautner". Vogue.it.
- "Iggy Pop". Vogue.it.
- "David Byrne". Vogue.it. 18 April 2011. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Usher". Vogue.it. 14 January 2011. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Sting". Vogue.it. 29 September 2010. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- Gianluca Cantaro (14 May 2010). "Next generation. All stars?". Vogue.it. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Jimmy Wales". Vogue.it. 13 January 2011. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "The sports issue". Vogue.it. 27 August 2010. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Michael Jackson. "Non ti dimenticherò mai. Forever, Darling"" – news – people e show". Style.it. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Michael Jackson's style to live on in 'This Is It' film". Latimesblogs.latimes.com. 20 October 2009. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Scoop Du Jour: Michael Jackson In Givenchy Via Rushka Bergman". The Imagist. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Lab Daily » H.E. by Mango Spring/Summer 2011 Campaign- Gerard Piqué by Francesco Carrozzini". Labdailyblog.com. 23 February 2011. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Gerard Piqué Shoot For He By Mango Making Of". Wn.com. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Malcolm Harris: Michael Jackson's Stylist Rushka Bergman: "The King of Pop" Costume Exhibition". Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "Rushka Bergman - IMDb". Retrieved 29 January 2013.