|Motto: A Great Place To Come Home To|
|Elevation||673 ft (205 m)|
|Area||1.65 sq mi (4 km2)|
|- land||1.65 sq mi (4 km2)|
|- water||0.00 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||1,934.5 / sq mi (747 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Wikimedia Commons: Rushville, Illinois|
According to the 2010 census, the city has a total area of 1.65 square miles (4.3 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 3,192 people, 1,397 households, and 888 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,043.7 people per square mile (789.9/km²). There were 1,530 housing units at an average density of 973.5 per square mile (376.3/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 99.13% White, 0.06% African American, 0.09% Native American, 0.06% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 0.22% from other races, and 0.40% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.47% of the population.
There were 1,397 households out of which 25.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 50.8% were married couples living together, 10.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 36.4% were non-families. 33.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 18.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.22 and the average family size was 2.78.
In the city the population was spread out with 21.7% under the age of 18, 7.9% from 18 to 24, 24.4% from 25 to 44, 22.2% from 45 to 64, and 23.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 42 years. For every 100 females there were 89.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 82.6 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $30,450, and the median income for a family was $38,125. Males had a median income of $27,582 versus $20,631 for females. The per capita income for the city was $16,180. About 7.5% of families and 10.8% of the population were below the poverty line, including 12.2% of those under age 18 and 16.8% of those age 65 or over.
- Ralph Luther Criswell, city council member (Los Angeles, California)
- William H. Dieterich, US senator
- Edward W. Scripps, newspaper publisher and founder of The E. W. Scripps Company, born in Rushville
- Megan Ervin - Miss Illinois 2012; Miss America top 10 finalist - Born and Raised in Rushville
- Dr. Russell Dohner - nationally recognized medical doctor who provided office and home visits for only $5 (originally, $2) for over 60 years, at any time of day needed, until his 2013 retirement.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "2010 Census U.S. Gazetteer Files for Places - Illinois". United States Census. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.