February 14, 1982 |
Kazan, Soviet Union
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||218 lb (99 kg; 15 st 8 lb)|
|Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod
HC Spartak Moscow
HC Dynamo Moscow
HC Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk
Ak Bars Kazan
Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod
|NHL Draft||34th overall, 2000
Tampa Bay Lightning
|Playing career||2000 –present|
Ruslan Zainullin (born February 14, 1982) is a Russian professional ice hockey center currently playing for Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod of the Kontinental Hockey League. His National Hockey League rights belong to the Calgary Flames.
Zainullin was drafted 34th overall by the Tampa Bay Lightning in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft after playing his first professional season in the Russian Super League with Ak Bars Kazan. Despite being drafted in the NHL, Zainullin has never played in the league, opting to remain in Russia.
Playing with HC MVD in 2007–08, he recorded his most prolific season with 23 points in 50 games.
|Junior int'l totals||13||3||5||8||10|
- March 5, 2001 - Traded to Phoenix Coyotes by Tampa Bay with Mike Johnson, Paul Mara and New York Islanders' 2nd-round choice (previously acquired, Phoenix selected Matthew Spiller) in 2001 NHL Entry Draft for Nikolai Khabibulin and Stan Neckar.
- March 19, 2002 - Rights traded to Atlanta Thrashers by Phoenix with Kirill Safronov and Phoenix's 4th-round choice (Patrick Dwyer) in 2002 NHL Entry Draft for Darcy Hordichuk and Atlanta's 4th (Lance Monych) and 5th (John Zeiler) round choices in 2002 NHL Entry Draft.
- November 15, 2002 - Traded to Calgary Flames by Atlanta for Marc Savard.
Media related to Ruslan Zainullin at Wikimedia Commons
- Ruslan Zainullin's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Ruslan Zainullin's player profile at NHL.com
- Ruslan Zainullin – player profile and career stats at European Hockey.Net
|This biographical article relating to a Russian ice hockey winger is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|