|Known for||President CEO Founder Planktos Inc. and Planktos Corp., Founder Managing Director KlimaFa, Founder Haida Climate|
Russ George is an American businessman and entrepreneur best known for founding the San Francisco based firm Planktos Inc. which claims to "restore ecosystems and slow climate change". In 2007 he provided testimony to the House Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming.
Iron fertilization 
In July 2012 George and collaborators in the Haida Salmon Restoration Corp. conducted an iron fertilization experiment spreading 100 tonnes of iron sulphate into the Pacific Ocean from a fishing boat in an eddy 200 nautical miles west of the islands of Haida Gwaii which George claims resulted in increased algae growth over 10,000 square miles. Some critics assert George's actions were illegal  while others have argued that they were not  but they may have violated the United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and the London convention on the dumping of wastes at sea which contain moratoriums on geoengineering experiments. Parties to the London Convention and London Protocol expressed 'grave concerns' about this experiment. Search warrants have been executed in the last month to investigate Russ George's office given the illegal dumping he performed in 2012 off the coast of British Columbia.
- Russ George (2007-07-18). "Supplemental materials from Russ George to House Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming". Retrieved 2012-10-18.
- "Planktos Ecosystems". Retrieved 2012-10-18.
- "World's biggest geoengineering experiment 'violates' UN rules". Guardian.co.uk. 2012-10-15. Retrieved 2012-10-18.
- "Haida Salmon Restoration Corporation Homepage".
- Biello, David (Oct 24, 2012). "Pacific Ocean Hacker Speaks Out". Scientific American. Retrieved 2013-02-28.
- "Full Press Coverage of 2012 Ocean Fertilization Scheme Near Haida Gwaii". ETC Group. Retrieved 2013-02-28.
- "Canada’s ocean fertilization flap, and its significance | Legal Planet: Environmental Law and Policy". Legalplanet.wordpress.com. doi:10.1038/nature11229. Retrieved 2013-02-28.
- "Parties to international dumping treaties express concern regarding reported iron fertilization incident". IMO. 2012-11-02. Retrieved 2013-02-28.
- "B.C. village’s ocean fertilization experiment probed". CBC. 2013-03-28. Retrieved 2013-05-08.