|Born||1969 (age 45–46)
Russ Kick (born 1969) is an American writer, editor, and publisher.
He was the founder and editor of the website The Memory Hole, which published and archived U.S. government documents, including scientific studies and reports, civil rights-related reports, intelligence and covert action reports, consumer safety reports, and images including photographs of flag-draped coffins of American military personnel. These photos of the war dead garnered worldwide media attention, including heavy rotation on all 24-hour news channels and front-page coverage on major newspapers, including the New York Times. The Memory Hole also gained attention for posting a completely uncensored version of a Justice Department report about its internal hiring practices, leading to a front-page story in the New York Times. It also obtained and posted the uncut 5-minute footage of President George W. Bush sitting in a Florida classroom as the 9/11 attacks happened.
Kick was also editor-at-large for The Disinformation Company, and has written three books and edited six anthologies for them, including You Are Being Lied To and 50 Things You're Not Supposed to Know. He is currently editing an anthology of classic and contemporary poems about death for Disinformation and Red Wheel/Weiser.
He has also compiled and edited a three-volume, 1,600-page anthology set titled The Graphic Canon from Seven Stories Press, which features the world's great literature interpreted by over 120 artists and illustrators such as R. Crumb, Maxon Crumb, Will Eisner, Molly Crabapple, Sharon Rudahl, Dame Darcy, S. Clay Wilson, Gris Grimly, Roberta Gregory, Kim Deitch and Tara Seibel.  The first volume, From The Epic of Gilgamesh to Shakespeare to Dangerous Liaisons (spring 2012), covers literature from ancient times through the end of the 1700s. The second volume, Kubla Khan to the Brontë Sisters to The Picture of Dorian Gray (fall 2012), is devoted completely to the 1800s, and the third volume, From Heart of Darkness to Hemingway to Infinite Jest (spring 2013), covers the entire twentieth century. The next volume in the ongoing project, The Graphic Canon of Children's Literature, was published in November 2014.
Earlier in his career, Kick wrote articles, a column, and a cover story for The Village Voice.
- Outposts. Carroll & Graf and Masquerade Books, 1995.
- Psychotropedia: A Guide to Publications on the Periphery. Critical Vision, 1998. ISBN 1-900486-03-2
- Hot off the Net: Erotica and Other Sex Writings from the Internet (editor). Black Books. 1999. ISBN 1-892723-00-X
- You Are Being Lied To: The Disinformation Guide to Media Distortion, Historical Whitewashes and Cultural Myths (editor). The Disinformation Co. 2001. ISBN 0-9664100-7-6
- Everything You Know Is Wrong: The Disinformation Guide to Secrets and Lies (editor). The Disinformation Co. 2002. ISBN 0-9713942-0-2
- Abuse Your Illusions: The Disinformation Guide to Media Mirages and Establishment Lies (editor). The Disinformation Co. 2003. ISBN 0-9713942-4-5
- 50 Things You're Not Supposed to Know. The Disinformation Co. 2003. ISBN 0-9713942-8-8
- The Disinformation Book of Lists: Subversive Facts and Hidden Information in Rapid-fire Format. The Disinformation Co. 2004. ISBN 0-9729529-4-2
- 50 Things You're Not Supposed to Know. Vol. 2. The Disinformation Co. 2005. ISBN 1-932857-02-8
- Everything You Know About Sex Is Wrong: The Disinformation Guide to the Extremes of Human Sexuality (and Everything in Between) (editor). The Disinformation Co. 2005. ISBN 1-932857-17-6
- Everything You Know About God Is Wrong: The Disinformation Guide to Religion (editor). The Disinformation Co. 2007. ISBN 978-1-932857-59-7
- 100 Things You're Not Supposed to Know. The Disinformation Company 2008. ISBN 1-932857-62-1
- The Graphic Canon: The World's Great Literature as Comics and Visuals, Volume One: From The Epic of Gilgamesh to Shakespeare to Dangerous Liaisons (editor). Seven Stories Press, 2012. ISBN 978-1-60980-376-6
- The Graphic Canon: The World's Great Literature as Comics and Visuals, Volume Two: From Kubla Khan to the Bronte Sisters to The Picture of Dorian Gray (editor). Seven Stories Press, 2012.
- The Graphic Canon: The World's Great Literature as Comics and Visuals, Volume Three: From Heart of Darkness to Hemingway to Infinite Jest (editor). Seven Stories Press, 2013.
- Death Poems: Classic, Contemporary, Witty, Serious, Tear-Jerking, Wise, Profound, Angry, Funny, Spiritual, Atheistic, Uncertain, Personal, Political, Mythic, Earthy, and Only Occasionally Morbid (editor). Disinformation and Red Wheel/Weiser, November 2013. ISBN 978-1938875045
- The Graphic Canon of Children's Literature (editor). Seven Stories Press, summer 2014
- Pentagon Ban on Pictures of Dead Troops Is Broken. New York Times, April 23, 2004. http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/23/national/23PHOT.html
- Unediting the Editing of Federal Report. New York Times, October 31, 2003. http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/31/national/31JBOX.html
- Publisher's Weekly, February 3, 2012