Russell Crotty (born 1956, San Rafael) is a Northern California based artist whose work has been shown internationally and across the United States. His work incorporates astrological, nautical, and surfing themes. Crotty works with large globe structures, as well as drawings and books.
Crotty's work is part of multiple public collections such as the Museum of Modern Art (New York), Pompidou (Paris), Whitney Museum of American Art (New York), Museum of Contemporary Art (Los Angeles), San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, Fine Arts Museum, San Francisco, New York Public Library, and more. He participated in "A Grain of Dust A Drop of Water: The 5th Gwangju Biennale" in 2004.
- 2008 Artists' Fellowship Programme, The Ballinglen Arts Foundation, Ballycastle, County Mayo, Ireland
- 1999 Visual Arts Fellowship, Peter Reed Foundation, NY, NY
- 1991 Visual Arts Fellowship, National Endowment for the Arts
- Campbell, Clayton, "Russell Crotty at Shoshana Wayne Gallery," Artweek, April (2009), p. 16
- Sheets, Hilarie; “The Big Draw,” ARTnews, January, p. 98-103
- Sheets, Hilarie M., "The Universe at the Tip of His Ballpoint Pen", The New York Times (May 2, 2004)
- Sheets, Hilarie M. (2 May 2004). "ART; The Universe at the Tip of His Ballpoint Pen". The New York Times. p. 44. Retrieved 23 November 2010.
- "Russell Crotty Biography". russellcrotty.com. Retrieved 23 November 2010.