||This article needs attention from an expert on the subject. (January 2013)|
Both countries are members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation.
Tajikistan is highly dependent on the remittances coming from Russia. In 2012, it received US $3.595 billion in migrant remittances, equalling some 48% of its GDP. Some 1.5 million Tajiks work abroad, mostly in Russia.
- (Russian) Documents on the Russia–Tajikistan relationship at the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Zafar Abdullayev (3/04/04). "TAJIKISTAN, RUSSIA PROBE MILITARY PARTNERSHIP". Eurasianet. Retrieved 2009-07-18.
- Konstantin Parshin (1/12/09). "TAJIKISTAN: RUSSIAN DIPLOMATS WANT TO CLEANSE TAJIK MEDIA". Eurasianet. Retrieved 2009-07-18.
- "Tajikistan Russia's Role in the Early 1990s". Photius. Retrieved 2009-07-18.
- "Tajikistan-Russia: Demarche as Rakhmon's answer to Medvedev". Ferghana.Ru news agency. 2009-02-02. Retrieved 2009-07-18.
- Vladimir Radyuhin (Jun 6, 2004). "Tajikistan: Russia scores over U.S.". The Hindu. Retrieved 2009-07-18.
- (English) (Russian) (Tajik) Embassy of Russia in Dushanbe
- (Russian) Embassy of Tajikistan in Moscow
- (Russian) Consulate-General of Russia in Khuzhand
- (Russian) Consulate-General of Tajikistan in Ekaterinburg
- "Russian FSKN Chief against Introducing Visas for Central Asians". The Gazette of Central Asia (Satrapia). 18 January 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Russia–Tajikistan relations.|
|This article about government in Russia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about government and politics in Tajikistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|