From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Russia in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Russia (Росси́я, Rossiya) is a country in northern Eurasia, officially known as the Russian Federation or Russia. The names "Russian Federation" and "Russia" are the same names.
Russia may also refer to:
- Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic, largest of the fifteen Soviet republics of the Soviet Union
- Soviet Union (USSR), the socialist state that existed from 1922 to 1991
- Russian Democratic Federative Republic, a federal state which nominally existed for less than one day in 1918
- Russian Republic, the revolutionary state administered by the Russian Provisional Government for eight months in 1917
- Russian Empire, which existed from 1721 until the Russian Revolution of 1917
- Tsardom of Russia, which existed from 1547 to 1721
Places in the USA
- Russia, Ohio, a village in Shelby County
- Russia, New York, a town in Herkimer County
- Russia Township, Polk County, Minnesota
- Russia (horse), an Australian racehorse
- Russia leather, a hard-wearing and water-resistant leather, where birch oil is worked into it after tanning.
- Russia Tower, an unfinished skyscraper in Moscow, cancelled in 2009
- Russia! magazine, a quarterly English-language publication about Russia
- 232 Russia, a large main belt asteroid
- Team Russia, the 2008-2009 Volvo Ocean Race team
- Great Russia
- Little Russia
- Novorossiya (New Russia)
- White Russia
- Black Ruthenia (Black Russia)
- Red Ruthenia
- New Russia (disambiguation)
- Rossiya (disambiguation)
- Russian (disambiguation)
- Rus (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.