Russian Music Charts
The Russian Music Charts (Russian: Российские музыкальные чарты) are Russian music industry standard popularity rankings compiled weekly by 2M (sales charts) and Tophit (airplay charts). Albums and tracks rankings are based on sales, which are compiled through retail data captured electronically each week from Russian music retailers. Currently all major music stores and chains submit data for the charts, accounting for over 75% of the market, according to 2M. A new sales chart is compiled by 2M on Monday and officially released to the public by Lenta.ru on Friday. A new airplay chart is compiled by Tophit on Tuesday and officially released to the public by Tophit.ru on Wednesday.
The Russian Charts include:
- Russia Top 25. Albums (2M)
- Russia Top 10. Digital Tracks (2M)
- Airplay Detection Tophit 100 (Tophit)
2M was founded in the mid of 1990s as a trade paper for the Russian music industry, and it was called the pioneer of Russian b2b-magazine' industry. The magazine became the first to published Russian music hit parade of albums based on sales. Nowadays 2M works with NFPF the territorial body of IFPI in Russia and publishes charts as well as certifications of music releases. 2M announced November 25, 2011 that the company started accounts striming sales to its digital chart Russia Top 10. Digital Tracks. Since that date chart provides sales from the largest Russian internet stores such as Yandex.Music, Nokia OVI Music Store, Muz.ru, Inform-bobile and IncoreMedia.
Tophit is a company which distributes new songs to the radio and compiles airplay charts. It's often used as a resource to determine the popularity of artists in Russia. Universal Music Russia called Tophit the most powerful airplay chart provider in Russian territory. Gala Records (EMI) called Airplay Detection Tophit 100 the national airplay chart of Russia.
- weekly airplay charts — Weekly General, Weekly Audience Choice, Weekly Russia, Weekly Moscow, Weekly St. Petersburg, Weekly Ukraine, Weekly Kiev;
- monthly airplay charts — Monthly General, Monthly Audience Choice, Monthly Russia, Monthly Moscow, Monthly St. Petersburg, Monthly Ukraine, Monthly Kiev;
- yearly airplay charts — Yearly General, Yearly General (rus), Yearly Audience Choice, Yearly Moscow, Yearly St. Petersburg, Yearly Kiev;
- artists charts — Top Artists General, Top Artists Audience Choice, Top Artists Moscow, Top Artists St. Petersburg, Top Artists Kiev;
- a special chart — Merry Christmas.
General charts is compiled on the basis of the data about singles’ weekly rotation on air of 230 Russian radiostations as well 200 ones of Ukraine, the CIS countries, Baltic States, Cyprus, Israel, Germany, the US and Canada, which broadcast in Russian.
- "Гбсйх.Пс - Ялх - Рнпфеярбеммне Гюйпшрхе". Zvuki.ru. 2007-11-23. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- [dead link]
- "Лсгшйю: Янбяел Хмюве". Lenta.ru. 2011-11-25. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- [dead link]
- "гБСЙХ.пС - MORANDI - Morandi". Zvuki.ru. 2010-01-25. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- "Universal Music Russia" (in (Russian)). Universalmusic.ru. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- "Новости". Galarec.ru. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- "Weekly General Airplay Top Hit 100". Tophit.ru. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- Lenta.ru - the publisher of current Russian Music sales Charts
- Tophit.ru - the publisher of current Russian Music airplay Charts