|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2007)|
Russian studies is a field of study first developed during the Cold War. It is an interdisciplinary field crossing history and language studies. It is closely related to Soviet and Communist studies and many times is included under Slavic studies.
Russian studies has become increasingly common in universities. In university, a Russian Studies major includes many cultural classes teaching Russian history, geography, linguistics, Russian language, literature and arts. Mysticism and folklore is commonly studied, introduction of Christianity, rule under the tsars and expansion of Russian empire, later rule under communism, history of the Soviet Union and its collapse and studies about present-day Russia.
- Soviet and Communist studies
- Slavistics and Slavic studies
- Russian culture
- Russian language
- List of Russian studies centers
- Area studies
- Library guides
- "Russia, Eastern Europe, and Eurasia: A Research Guide". Princeton LibGuides. USA: Princeton University Library.
- "Russian and East European Studies". Research & Subject Guides. Washington DC: Georgetown University Library.