Russian Union of Engineers
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)|
|Type||all-Russian nongovernmental organization|
|Headquarters||Russia : Moscow|
Ivan Andriyevsky,Konstantin Kovalyov
The Russian Union of Engineers (RUE) (Russian: Российский союз инженеров (РСИ)) is an all-Russian nongovernmental organization of engineers, design-engineers, builders, inventors, rationalizers, researchers, scientists, scientific and technical employees, and managers of industrial production.
The Russian Union of Engineers was registered on January 11, 2011 by the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation. However, the idea of integrating the engineering profession under the sponsorship of a public company dates back to the mid-nineties, when the objective necessity of cooperation between engineers, science workers and top-managers became apparent.
As of June 1, 2013, the Russian Union of Engineers comprises 42 regional departments in the largest regions of the country. The Union has more than 2000 members and more than 30,000 participants.
The objective of the Russian Union of Engineers is to establish a nongovernmental organization of Russian engineers, as well as its integration into the engineering society.
The activities of the RUE are focused in five main directions:
- public activities of the RUE consist of outlining the problems of engineering society and contributing to the development of individual programs, including those on the international level;
- interaction with the state and municipal authorities to promote the interests of the engineering society in legislative, executive and municipal authorities, and participation in preparation, elaboration or expert reviews of federal, regional or local regulatory acts;
- research activities of the RUE are directed at the organization, development and implementation of engineering research, ranging from R&D to more specialized research in the field of material production.
- expert work - preparation of expert reports;
- international activities - the organization of contacts and exchange of engineering knowledge between the Russian scientific and engineering community and their counterparts from other countries.
In accordance with the Bylaws of the RUE, its highest governing body is the Convention of the RUE. The Convention meets once in five years. The Extraordinary Convention is convoked upon the resolution of the Presidium, the President or the Senior Vice-President of the Union, upon a written request of the Audit and Review Committee or upon a written request of more than a half of regional representations of the Union. The governing bodies of the Union are: the Convention of the Union, the Presidium of the Union and the Bureau of the Presidium of the Union. Since 2013, Koryagin Nikolay Vasilyevich is the President of the Union, Andriyevsky Ivan Anatolyevich is the Senior Vice-President, and Kovalyov Konstantin Nikolayevich is the Vice-President – Managing Secretary.
Members of the Russian Union of Engineers consist of:
Expert Councils of the State Duma of the Russian Federation:
- The Expert Council on Urban Planning under the State Duma Committee on Land Matters and Construction;
- The Expert Council under the State Duma Committee on Energy Production. The Section on Legislative Protection of Oil Industry;
- The Expert Council on Investment Legislation under the State Duma Committee on Financial Market;
- The Expert Council under the State Duma Committee on Budget and Taxes;
- The Expert Council on Banking and audit Legislation under the State Duma Committee on Financial Market;
- The Expert Council on Investments under the State Duma Committee on Economic Policy, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Development;
- The Expert Council on Road Facilities and Logistic Distribution under the State Duma Committee on Land Matters and Construction;
- The Expert Council under the State Duma Committee on Energy Production. The Section on Legislative Protection of the Coal Mining Industry;
- The Expert Council on Metallurgy and Metal Mining Industry under the State Duma Committee on Industry;
- The Expert Council under the State Duma Committee on Transport. The Transport Safety Section.
Expert Councils of the Moscow State Duma:
- The Expert Council under the Commission on State Property and Land of the Moscow State Duma;
- The Expert Council under the Commission on Long-term Growth and Urban Development of the Moscow State Duma.
Expert Councils of the Moscow Regional Duma:
- The Expert Council under the Committee on Economics, Entrepreneurship and Investment policy of the Moscow State Duma.
Federal Agency of Construction, Housing and Housing Services of the Russian Federation
- Members of the Board of the Federal Agency of Construction, Housing Services of the Russian Federation
On May 20, 2013, the Ministry of Regional Development of the Russian Federation, the Federal Agency of Construction and Housing of the Russian Federation, Russian Union of Engineers and the experts of Lomonosov Moscow State University developed a rating and methodology of evaluation of urban environment and analyzed the 50 largest Russian cities. For this work, the Union designed the methods of urban environment quality assessment and a city appeal threshold.
The rating has been developed:
- by the order the President of the Russian Federation defined in paragraph 1 of Assignments No. Pr-534 of the President of the Russian Federation as of February 29, 2012, to executive bodies as a result of the meeting “On measures of implementation of the housing policy” as of February 14, 2012
- by the order of the Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation defined in paragraph 4 of the List of assignments № VP-P9-1581 “On development of a methodology of assessment of urban environment quality and assessment of the major cities of Russia” of the Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation as March 20, 2012.
The RUE also conducts international work aimed at building and strengthening the relationship between the community of Russian engineers and their colleagues from other countries, and the development of relations with international engineering organizations, such as : ORGALIME (derived originally from 'Organisme de Liaison des Industries Métalliques Européennes'), FEANI ('European Federation of National Engineering Associations'), IAENG ('International Association of Engineers'). For this purpose, RUE arranges:
- international conferences and forums;
- shows and exhibitions;
- creates working groups of stakeholders such as "Russia - Europe", "Russia - USA", "Russia - Asia", "Russia - Africa";
- provides stakeholders with relevant information;
- prepares expert resolutions;
- creates professional advice .
Investment in the Russian economy is driven by Russia's natural resource reserves and high level of education in conjunction with relatively low wages, a significant domestic sales market, and high demand for and receptivity to new technologies. Russia's share in the total gross product of the "new world markets" is around 20%. The modern legal framework which supports foreign investment is the law "On Foreign Investments in the Russian Federation," together with more than 30 laws and decrees of the President of the Russian Federation.
The Russian Union of Engineers provides assistance to foreign investment in Russia by:
- providing advice and legal assistance to foreign investors in the preparation of investment projects and joint ventures;
- expertise in selecting of partners;
- advising investors on the engineering aspects of projects;
- the adaptation of foreign projects in accordance with Russian standards, rules and technical regulations;
- promotion of the registration, standardization, licensing and certification;
- the protection of intellectual property rights of foreign investors;
- recommendations on the use of special economic zones and other legal options;
- the protection of foreign investment in accordance with the laws of Russian Federation.
The Russian Union of Engineers provides support to foreign investors in accordance with Russian legislation and regulations developed by UNIDO, taking into account the features of the legislation of each subject of the Russian Federation on the territory of which the project is being implemented.
The Russian Union of Engineers provides support to foreign investment in such areas as industrial, energy, transportation, civil and agricultural construction, the development of housing and communal services and urban areas.
Considerable attention is paid to the export of advanced technology, modern building materials, and new energy technologies. RUE provides assistance in the petroleum and gas industry, electric power, metallurgy, mining, chemical, engineering, communications and telecommunications, manufacturing, construction and building materials industry, transportation industry, aviation, shipbuilding and car manufacturing, forestry and agricultural industries, and the medical and pharmaceutical industry.
- "Presentations of the General Rating of Russian Cities 2011". Moscow: RUE. 2012-11-21.
- "The project of Russian cities appeal rating". Moscow: The Ministry of Regional Development of the Russian Federation. 2012-05-20.
- "The Ministry of Regional Development made a rating of appeal of Russian Cities". Moscow: новости@mail.ru. 2012-05-21.
- "The most attractive cities of Russia are announced". Moscow: Russian Newspaper. 2012-05-21.
- Orgalime official web
- FEANI official web
- IAENG official web
- Official web-site of Russian club of financial directors
Links to sources
- Official website of the Russian Union of Engineers
- Leaders of the Russian Union of Engineers
- Contacts of the Russian Union of Engineers
- Report on activities of the Russian Union of Engineers, Russia 1 channel
- Presentation of the General Rating of Russian Cities, Plekhanov Club
- Democracy in a Technological Society, Langdon Winner, 1992
- The Russian Union of Engineers: The proposal to reduce the tax burden on oil from 55 to 45% - is fully justified
- Russian Union of Engineers came to the conclusion that the Lipetsk almost unfit for life
- The Russian Union of Engineers supports reducing the tax burden on the oil industry
- Novokuznechane leave the city because of the local authorities?
- Russian Union of Engineers presented rating appeal of Russian cities
- The Russian Union of Engineers: Chita characterized by depressive state
- "Russian Union of Engineers': the emergence of the Russian electric prematurely
- After the accident at the Baikonur Cosmodrome launch vehicle "Proton-M" in the "Russian Union of Engineers' expressed the need for the expansion of the Institute of the military office
- The Russian Union of Engineers supports the desire of the authorities to strengthen state control over pricing in the housing sector