Russian frigate Kamchatka
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
At least two frigates of the Imperial Russian Navy have been named Kamchatka
- Russian sloop-of-war Kamchatka (1817) circumnavigated the globe between 1817 and 1819 under Captain Vasily Golovnin.
- Russian frigate Kamchatka (1841) a steam frigate, built in New York City in 1841. Made several long voyages under Captain (later Admiral) Johan Eberhard von Schantz.
- Around the World on the Kamchatka, 1817-1819 by V. M. Golovnin and Ella Lury Wiswell
- "Napoleon in Captivity: The Reports of Count Balmain Russian Commissioner on the Island of St. Helena 1816-1820". Napoleonic-literature.com. Retrieved 2013-02-16.
- von Schantz, Johan Eberhard (Finnish)